Advertisement

Author Topic: Asians and blind date  (Read 1158 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
Asians and blind date
« on: June 09, 2023, 06:33:01 PM »
 ???:

Man gets sued after leaving his blind date and her 23 relatives at restaurant

A man in China ended up in a legal battle after walking out on a blind date who expected him to pay for her and 23 of her relatives.

Some uninvited guests: The man, identified in local reports as Mr. Liu, found his prospective partner, Ms. Zhang, through a matchmaker and arranged to meet her at a popular restaurant in Jilin province.

To Liu’s surprise, Zhang arrived at the restaurant accompanied by 23 relatives, who joined them on their date.

A very expensive date: The restaurant staff later informed Liu that the woman's family ordered a significant amount of expensive cigarettes and premium alcoholic beverages.

When Liu was handed the bill amounting to nearly 20,000 yuan (approximately $2,812), he decided to promptly leave the restaurant and have Zhang and her relatives settle the cost. While Zhang did settle the bill, she still demanded that Liu contribute at least half of the amount.

Liu agreed only to reimburse a fraction of the total cost, offering 4,000 yuan (approximately $562), forcing Zhang to ask her relatives to pay for their share of the total bill.

A day in court: Angered by Liu’s offer, Zhang's family decided to take the matter to court, filing a lawsuit against Liu to force him to pay up.

The court, however, ruled in Liu's favor, stating that he should only cover the cost of his own and Zhang's meal, which was approximately 1,400 yuan (approximately $197).

Social media reaction: The incident garnered attention on Chinese social media and prompted discussions regarding the boundaries of social etiquette during blind dates, with many taking Liu's side.

Legal experts argued that the presence of 23 relatives during what was supposed to be a blind date surpassed far beyond generally accepted norms. Many also pointed out that the other individuals present should bear responsibility for what they consumed during the meal, absolving Liu of any obligation to cover their expenses.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Dok_Champa

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +200
    • View Profile
Re: Asians and blind date
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2023, 09:43:35 PM »
The blind date should know better.  Clearly she (and her relatives) is taking advantage of Liu. 

But true love is a durable fire, In the mind ever burning, Never sick, never old, never dead, From itself never turning.<br />               --Sir Walter Raleigh

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2023, 10:05:46 AM »
Question is what I would do if I was
in Mr. Liu’s place?

How did that man even find any taste in the foods
or conversations anymore with that many
uninvited guests?  And what was that chick expecting
on this date?

« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 06:02:34 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2023, 01:02:19 PM »
Asian, only time they introduce you to the whole clan is if it was an engagement party. 

If if invited you, I'm paying for you.  If you invited the clan, you pay for the clan.

If I smell something fishy like that, that date would not have started.  I'll just walk out as it is a blind and first date so no hard feelings to the people I do not know. 

Saw a ghetto one where this kaydoo chick be ordering a bunch to go after the dinner was over and told the guy that it is for her kids.  Dude be like, I'm not paying for them kids that are not mine.  Go get the baby daddy to pay for it.  Ghetto I'm telling you.   :2funny:

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 05:11:19 PM »
Question is what I would do if I was
in Mr. Liu’s place?

How did that man even find any taste in the foods
or conversations anymore with that many
uninvited guests?  And what was that chick expecting
on this date?

If I'm in his shoe I'd leave the chick and her relative right away before eating in that expensive restaurant.  ;D ;D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2023, 09:05:22 PM »
If I'm in his shoe I'd leave the chick and her relative right away before eating in that expensive restaurant.  ;D ;D

Good move.

I invited a Hmong chick to dinner one time some years ago and she brought her grandmother, a younger sister, a girl
cousin, and her teenage brother. I didn't walk off. But, luckily, the crew's meals that night totaled only $95.00 at
Peking Garden.

I never got the courage to talk to her again though.

She probably thought I was so into her to have invited her to dinner.  But little did she know that this dinner
determined whether there would be a second.

Some people do take advantage of such situations. But I think we need to watch our diets.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 09:10:20 PM by Reporter »

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2023, 04:46:40 PM »
Good move.

I invited a Hmong chick to dinner one time some years ago and she brought her grandmother, a younger sister, a girl
cousin, and her teenage brother. I didn't walk off. But, luckily, the crew's meals that night totaled only $95.00 at
Peking Garden.

I never got the courage to talk to her again though.

She probably thought I was so into her to have invited her to dinner.  But little did she know that this dinner
determined whether there would be a second.

Some people do take advantage of such situations. But I think we need to watch our diets.

Did your date's family ask so many mundae questions about your work, your family, your lifestyle that you're pursuing?  :D

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Advertisements