Advertisement

Author Topic: Unfortunately these douche Asian apes don't care what they do to the women there  (Read 406 times)

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
The Marriage Scam That’s Left Thousands of Indian Women Broke or Abandoned

In Akalgarh, a village in the northern Indian state of Punjab, Jagdeep Kaur’s family cobbled together a hefty $8,500—almost four times the average annual salary in India—for a dowry to wed Sukhminder Singh. Kaur’s family also gifted gold, expensive clothes, and furniture during the wedding, which they used a loan to pay for. They hoped that by marrying Singh, a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) living in Hamburg, Germany, Kaur would have a better life abroad.

But the blissful union was never meant to be. A mere month into their marriage in 2009, Singh returned to Germany, where he had a job at a restaurant. He promised Kaur that he would soon get her paperwork done and bring her with him to Europe. That never happened, and Kaur, now 43, met Singh, also 43, only a few times during his subsequent trips back to India.

Kaur is still married to Singh and in 2017 she learned about her husband’s dark secret: not only did he have another wife in Germany, but two children. “I was shocked and didn’t know what to do,” Kaur tells TIME from her home in Ludhiana, swabbing tears from her face with her scarf. She has now filed cases at the Judicial Magistrate Court in Jagraon—a town around 25 miles from Ludhiana—against Singh and his family members in the area for cruelty, fraud, and cheating.

Kaur is one of thousands of wives who have been deceived by husbands living abroad, and hoping to get justice through India’s overburdened legal system. Though official statistics are hard to come by, a 2018 petition by eight such women in India’s Supreme Court said there are more than 40,000 wives who have been deceived into marrying NRI men. India’s government has dealt with more than 6,000 grievances against NRI men from 2015 to 2019.

Many Indian families hope an NRI son-in-law would provide better opportunities for their daughters. That has prompted some to spend exorbitant amounts on dowries to secure an NRI son-in-law, says Mamatha Raghuveer Achanta, founder of the Network Of International Legal Activists (NILA), a nonprofit that has assisted more than 250 women who have been deceived by NRI husbands. “They neglect to verify the credentials of the groom, resulting in many Indian women being abandoned by their husbands,” she says.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Visualmon

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +381
    • View Profile
Hindu my @$$.

There's no need for you to hide. I already saw you.

Offline Reporter

• Administrator
  • Pey-Pey and NiNi's 1st Snow Kid.
  • Respect: +562
    • View Profile
I met with a Latina banker at my bank. We were talking about former countries
that we came from. She said when she retires, she will go back to her south American
home country.

"People there are  nicer," I said.

She paused and smiled.

I knew she knew that was not the case.

So, we've seen great loving heroes and heroines in Hindu movies. But the rest of the
people in that country might not all be so loving.

"...
The snooping eye sees everything."--Ono No Komachi, Japanese Poetess (emphasis)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
It's hard to trust an older person who claims to be single because most of the time they truly aren't really available to be in a healthy, committed relationship at all. Too much baggage, whether that be emotional damage from past toxic relationships or just lingering, jealous exes ready to incite drama. Many of these older singles are still entangled with their exes, too, because they either shared investments together or have become each other's only family. And these are people who weren't even married to each other but just boyfriend/girlfriend who dated forever and even lived together. At least that's what I've personally observed. What a big turn off!

I, too, noticed how unhappy these mos ab become once they get to the USA. They seem to be disillusioned that they will be the only person in the OG's life. lol Only if the former wife/husband is deceased!  ::) Otherwise, be prepared to deal with a niam loj/txiv loj or a bunch of divorcee ex boyfriend/girlfriend drama.

I'm beginning to think that the only viable 40+ year old who is truly available for a relationship is most likely someone you won't be attracted to.  ::) Anybody over that age who claims to be single is pretty much broken or has too much history that will turn you off.

« Last Edit: July 01, 2023, 07:38:06 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +248
    • View Profile
The Marriage Scam That’s Left Thousands of Indian Women Broke or Abandoned

In Akalgarh, a village in the northern Indian state of Punjab, Jagdeep Kaur’s family cobbled together a hefty $8,500—almost four times the average annual salary in India—for a dowry to wed Sukhminder Singh. Kaur’s family also gifted gold, expensive clothes, and furniture during the wedding, which they used a loan to pay for. They hoped that by marrying Singh, a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) living in Hamburg, Germany, Kaur would have a better life abroad.

But the blissful union was never meant to be. A mere month into their marriage in 2009, Singh returned to Germany, where he had a job at a restaurant. He promised Kaur that he would soon get her paperwork done and bring her with him to Europe. That never happened, and Kaur, now 43, met Singh, also 43, only a few times during his subsequent trips back to India.

Kaur is still married to Singh and in 2017 she learned about her husband’s dark secret: not only did he have another wife in Germany, but two children. “I was shocked and didn’t know what to do,” Kaur tells TIME from her home in Ludhiana, swabbing tears from her face with her scarf. She has now filed cases at the Judicial Magistrate Court in Jagraon—a town around 25 miles from Ludhiana—against Singh and his family members in the area for cruelty, fraud, and cheating.

Kaur is one of thousands of wives who have been deceived by husbands living abroad, and hoping to get justice through India’s overburdened legal system. Though official statistics are hard to come by, a 2018 petition by eight such women in India’s Supreme Court said there are more than 40,000 wives who have been deceived into marrying NRI men. India’s government has dealt with more than 6,000 grievances against NRI men from 2015 to 2019.

Many Indian families hope an NRI son-in-law would provide better opportunities for their daughters. That has prompted some to spend exorbitant amounts on dowries to secure an NRI son-in-law, says Mamatha Raghuveer Achanta, founder of the Network Of International Legal Activists (NILA), a nonprofit that has assisted more than 250 women who have been deceived by NRI husbands. “They neglect to verify the credentials of the groom, resulting in many Indian women being abandoned by their husbands,” she says.

Remind me of them young cows in Laos enticing the old bulls in America. Same tactics, same results...  :2funny: :2funny:

- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Advertisements