Advertisement

Author Topic: I witness this for the first time,  (Read 183 times)

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
I witness this for the first time,
« on: September 29, 2023, 08:43:53 PM »
went to the grocery store to fetch a few stuffs. Someone had a whole basket of food and took it outside without paying.I didn't see the whole thing. Or at least I didn't even notice someone was attempting to steal..I only knew when SOmeone call them out and alerted a clerk. They were asked to just go back and pay. the guy walked back inside and I don't know what happened after..I think they only did that cus the guy had his kid with him, or little brother maybe. And maybe only reason why he agree to go back inside...haha it's a ploy a lot of folks do..At least from where Im at...get fire from their job. they come back with their 4-5 year kid asking for another chance...they try to steeal, they take their kid or little brother along...this is why people don't give out sympathy very easily no more...

If it was just food, I would had just paid the dudes grocery...but I need to learn to mind my own business sometimes..I've got into too many battles not mines before...lols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhK5PjGyT0s

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1330
    • View Profile
Re: I witness this for the first time,
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 11:47:09 PM »
I've reported retail theft to the store staff in the past. What ever they do after that, it's up to them as I did my part.  O0

Like this post: +1

Offline walley

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +84
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 07:27:43 AM »
went to the grocery store to fetch a few stuffs. Someone had a whole basket of food and took it outside without paying.I didn't see the whole thing. Or at least I didn't even notice someone was attempting to steal..I only knew when SOmeone call them out and alerted a clerk. They were asked to just go back and pay. the guy walked back inside and I don't know what happened after..I think they only did that cus the guy had his kid with him, or little brother maybe. And maybe only reason why he agree to go back inside...haha it's a ploy a lot of folks do..At least from where Im at...get fire from their job. they come back with their 4-5 year kid asking for another chance...they try to steeal, they take their kid or little brother along...this is why people don't give out sympathy very easily no more...

If it was just food, I would had just paid the dudes grocery...but I need to learn to mind my own business sometimes..I've got into too many battles not mines before...lols

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhK5PjGyT0s

It's not that you would have paid for the dudes grocery... it's that the elected leaders in those areas push laws to support these actions. You can only buy someone else's groceries so many times before you can't anymore. Why do you think all these stores like Walmart, Target, Walgreens, etc are closing in these areas? The sad part is that it hurts the people living in those areas.

hmgPebble dumb as a rock

Offline JonniJacko

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +46
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 12:50:48 PM »
I can't say I agree with lawmakers supporting these beahviors but somewhat unknowingly enabling it to happen yeah. I know there are off duty cops doing security part time for some of these more prominent/established stores. sometimes they still have their cop uniforms on..meaning they came straight to their side job after their shift..lols they only get pay like anyone with a secruity guard permit so I assume they do it out of good will and maybe for discount on groceries..hah a

Advertisements