Advertisement

Author Topic: argh.  (Read 235111 times)

superchick

Re: argh.
« Reply #2025 on: June 05, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
Superchick, u also attending?....i dont know how u people party in 100 degree dry heat weather?
I've been here 6 years n i still hate this damn summer heat... :P

I sure am.  I think the weather will be perfect under the stars.  cannot wait get on that plane!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

skribblez

« Reply #2026 on: June 05, 2012, 09:23:57 PM »
I sure am.  I think the weather will be perfect under the stars.  cannot wait get on that plane!
Im really contemplating whether not to go...7 damn stages, fireworks in the show somewhere, some other crazy stuff....i really wanna c boobies...last year was ridiculous.... fun in the sun equals hot girls in drugs taking off shirts n bras...hahahah ha O0

superchick

« Reply #2027 on: June 06, 2012, 12:15:47 AM »
There's no reason NOT to go! Lol!!

skribblez

« Reply #2028 on: June 06, 2012, 08:41:26 AM »
There's no reason NOT to go! Lol!!

We shall c.....

bootee

« Reply #2029 on: June 14, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
This is my EDC experience!

First and foremost I'd like to Thank Superchick for going with me. I know I pressured and forced you in to going ...Lol!! But I hope you had just as much fun as I did. It was great to share this weekend with you and the friends who came with. Its absolutely great having you guys around ...whether if its a stroll in the park or stuck in a hotel room/car ...the air is always filled with laughter. Please don't ever change.  :)

Friday - Anxious and nervous at the same time, our flight finally took off at 7:55pm. With only our backpacks with us... we rushed out to wait for Pete. Headed straight for EDC.
First up for us was Above and Beyond. It was banging but it seemed like the music was too loud and they couldn't hear. Once Gareth Emery came on we felt the energy in his beats and the crowd. And the night went off from there. Thanks to Super8 and TAB for banging out the last hour. The first night was a great warm up for us.

Saturday - at 9am I got a call from Penny. She had the baby and It's a GIRL!! I was so happy and awake I couldn't  sleep anymore. And Chick didn't look like she was gonna sleep either. Lol... so I bugged the shit outta her. I asked her if she would go running with me. Lol!! With no words she gave the dirtiest look which spelled out "do you want to die?" ...hahaha! At 10am Peter woke up so I asked him to take us to the store for some beer. With only a 12 pak Chick and I killed it within a few hours. Lol. And I love those moments where Chick and I get in trance with our deep conversations. Hahaha!  Thank you for staying up with me. :)
Hours later it was time to get ready for Day 2 of EDC. With a few more drinks and some hairdos. We were ready to head out and make this an early one.
We started the Day with Eco. I love his sound!! After Eco we hopped over to the main stage to catch Sander van Doorn's 30 minute set. I still don't understand it but with just 30 minutes to blow me away ...He did just that. I loved every minute of it. After Sander we sat through 2 tracks from Porter Robinson and then headed back to the ASOT stage to finish off Kyau & Albert. I was fukkin' blown away by them. Nobody said anything about Albert singing Live! I know the songs he sings and they sounded amazing live! My second time seeing Jochen Miller was a charm! He banged it and I wanted more!! I had really high hopes for Rank1. They played all the classics but I was expecting to see visuals of their live performance. Even tho, they were great!! And there he was ...Markus Schulz, the man himself!! I love him. Lol. In the middle of his set he announced that there was high winds and for our safety everybody had to report to the grand stand. And all that the stages were temporarily shut down. Armin van Buuren did all that he could to keep his radio show alive so he had Markus come in to the studio and did a back2back set live. We all tuned in while sitting in the grass. 1.5 hours later and nothing has changed but the wind. It did get cold and we gave up at 2:25am. I was bummed. :(

Sunday - It was another morning to start off with a 12pak. This time Angkhan joined Chick and I. With just 2 beers left I passed out around 7am. Lol!! And Chick didn't wake me up!! Slept until 1pm and got up to start the day as soon as I heard Luke's text. We had breakfast/lunch at the Planet Hollywood. It wasn't great but it was something to fill us up cuz Chick and I  didn't eat anything extcept for a Subway sandwich that Sandy got us. Thank god.
It was a crazy night. We left  the hotel at 8pm? Big mistake ...or hell, we should have taken the freeway to avoid  the freakin' traffic. I was mad. But I couldn't say anything because I wasn't the driver.  :-X At 11pm, we finally get parking and rushed over to the ASOT stage where we started the night off with ATB. And he was actually good. No rock. Just banging trance ...unless we missed it. Lol!! with just many text messages I read that BT did an excellent job.  :( I was sad. I wanted to catch his set and I was ok with missing Tritonal's set. After Dash Berlin came on for a few minutes I wanted to head over to the main stage to catch Armin's 2nd set since we didn't get to see him destroy the ASOT stage. I expected more but he played what he played. After his set we rushed back to catch Ferry Corsten and boy!! he sure did rip the hell out of that stage!! It was the Ferry Corsten I once knew and I loved it!! I wanted to stay til the very end for Aly & Fila's set but Luke and Youa had an early flight. If I knew they were gonna be late and get a stand by flight home I would have stayed til it closed. We left the ASOT stage at 4:37am. Got to the merchandise store and found no EDC shirts available. And walked out by 5am! We got out of the parking lot 4.5 hours later?

Monday - 9am and we are finally back at the hotel. We tried to get a late check out but mofos said that room we were in was already booked for somebody else so we had to check out at 11:30am. We gladly pushed it til 12pm and while waiting for Luke and Youa to come pick us up we drank all that we could. Lunch at Todai gave Chick an allergic reaction. And then we headed out to the airport. Checked in and sat at the bar where we each did double shots of Hennessy. And it was time to say our good-byes.
Chick and I sat at the airport for hour til our flight. And tho we had some funnies that happened during those hours ...I won't mention it on here. Lol!!! At 11:27pm we finally land in Sacramento and to sleep we go!

Another great trip in the books.  :)

yajmafia

« Reply #2030 on: June 14, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »
What is EDC?

bootee

« Reply #2031 on: June 14, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
Electric Daisy Carnival - It's a massive rave in Las Vegas :D ;D

superchick

« Reply #2032 on: June 14, 2012, 09:25:56 PM »
All worth it and will do it again if I had to. Lol!! 

Thanks for sponsoring!!  ;D

skribblez

« Reply #2033 on: June 14, 2012, 10:44:21 PM »
Glad to hear yall ladies had fun....... O0

yajmafia

« Reply #2034 on: June 15, 2012, 09:31:00 AM »
Glad to hear yall ladies had fun....... O0

Why does your name sound soo familiar?

skribblez

« Reply #2035 on: June 15, 2012, 08:59:15 PM »
Why does your name sound soo familiar?
Cause i have been around the boards a long time...besides that i like to troll alot....lol

bootee

« Reply #2036 on: June 19, 2012, 08:17:18 AM »
I am not me.

I can laugh, I can joke, and pretend I am ok, but everything else in my head says "WTF?" With all this free time I have I don't know what to do.  :-\ Working the 3rd shift makes me lose myself now. Messed up days ...Messed up mind. I can't even draw a blank if I wanted to.
I haven't taken a sip of beer since Las Vegas. Maybe that's why I haven't been feeling normal? LOL!! I am still munching. Most I've eaten was the day after I came back from Vegas when my sister bought all those food ...They woke me up to eat. I had about a bite of everything but nothing I could finish. I still haven't got my bowl of pho! I was craving pho when we got back from Vegas but I threw that out the window once I recovered from the trip.
Loud noises, loud thoughts. I need a day. A day to just sit at peace and let my mind drift away for a while. Maybe then I can gather my thoughts without having to hit myself.

I need to see Penny. I don't think when I'm around her. Lol.  :)

bootee

« Reply #2037 on: June 21, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »
Omg, skribblez...  I was having so much fun at EDC that I didn't even notice your text. Lol. I am so sorry.

yajmafia

« Reply #2038 on: June 21, 2012, 07:12:17 AM »
Cause i have been around the boards a long time...besides that i like to troll alot....lol

Are you into gaming?  I swear someone used to have that name back when I was still playing counter strike.

skribblez

« Reply #2039 on: June 21, 2012, 02:13:45 PM »
Omg, skribblez...  I was having so much fun at EDC that I didn't even notice your text. Lol. I am so sorry.
Haha, next year...got insight that next year im wearing a suit...walking in like a boss into vip n no one will even second check me....hahah... .

Advertisements