Advertisement

Author Topic: Arts and Crafts  (Read 55459 times)

zena

Re: Arts and Crafts
« Reply #225 on: September 21, 2012, 10:19:45 AM »
Nou, I saw your cake and cupcakes too (the other day) and gawd, it made me want some so bad.  They look so yummy.  Cake decorating totally falls under crafting so post more.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

nou

« Reply #226 on: September 23, 2012, 06:41:29 PM »
Thank you, moonangel and LLLC.  Baking is fun.  But I do the lazy way where I bake from a box and use store frosting.  I have no one to share it, so I always end up taking baked stuff to work. 

---

Weekend project: "upholstering" a stool.  My mom has a stool (that my dad made out of leftover wood) that she sometimes uses for sewing and I dislike sitting on it because I don't have a butt and it hurts after awhile of sitting.  So I decided to add some cushion.  Had a little trouble because the foam cushioning kept moving around, so it looks all weird and lopsided.  But I liked how it turned out.  Took me an hour from start to finish.  I still have some leftover fabric, so I will think of something to make out of it.

Sorry for the photo quality.  Took this on my itouch.  Apple needs to come up with a better camera quality, especially with the prices they charge for their products!

zena

« Reply #227 on: September 24, 2012, 10:45:03 AM »
Nou - I love those cute faces on your cupcake. And your cake looks yummy! I too, love to bake. I also make my own icing, dislike stores icing. But anyways great job!

M&K - Thanks! I'll see what I can do with the foam board.

Moonangel - Thanks for sharing. Love it!

One of these days I'll take closer pictures and share the rest with my room.

You're welcome.

Nou, I love that pattern on the stool.  Great work!

If anyone digital scraps, I have a new kit (below) that I'm offering for free for subscribers to my newsletter.  Go here to read more about it >>> Thank You Kit for Free.  I also have lots of freebies on my blog too.

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 26, 2012, 02:23:34 PM »
Hey ladies! Love all your ideas and thanks for sharing your arts and crafts room! I don't have a room, just a box, in which I store outside! Lol!

Here is a DIY I found on youtube! $15 for both!

This is something I came up with for my cousin. She only wears studded earrings and was looking for storage for a while now. I told her to use this roomy pillbox from Dollar Tree but she refuse 'cause of the labels. And so, I tweaked it up to make it tolerable.

Like this post: +2
Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

zena

« Reply #229 on: September 27, 2012, 09:17:56 AM »
yubnag, those bracelet jars are so cool and that's a great idea for those pillbox!

Offline yubnag

• Elite Poster
  • Redamancy
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 27, 2012, 10:08:41 AM »
Thank you, moonangel and LLLC.  Baking is fun.  But I do the lazy way where I bake from a box and use store frosting.  I have no one to share it, so I always end up taking baked stuff to work. 

---

Weekend project: "upholstering" a stool.  My mom has a stool (that my dad made out of leftover wood) that she sometimes uses for sewing and I dislike sitting on it because I don't have a butt and it hurts after awhile of sitting.  So I decided to add some cushion.  Had a little trouble because the foam cushioning kept moving around, so it looks all weird and lopsided.  But I liked how it turned out.  Took me an hour from start to finish.  I still have some leftover fabric, so I will think of something to make out of it.

Sorry for the photo quality.  Took this on my itouch.  Apple needs to come up with a better camera quality, especially with the prices they charge for their products!

I want to learn how to do this too.

Making a hundred friends is not a miracle. The miracle is to make a single friend who will stand by your side even when hundreds are against you.

nou

« Reply #231 on: September 29, 2012, 10:38:09 PM »
I want to learn how to do this too.

It's really easy.  I actually just looked on a lot of youtube videos.

I Love Love Love your pill box idea!  I have a couple of birthday girls coming up and I think this would make a fantastic idea!  Can you show us how you made the paper stick?

yamchild

« Reply #232 on: September 30, 2012, 03:03:46 AM »
Nou I love the faces you did on your cupcakes!  :)

Yunag...the pill box idea is awesome.  It's a great idea for X-mas that I will have to use.  O0

Like this post: +1

Corner.of.M.and.K

« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2012, 12:09:09 AM »
Moonangel: Thanks for sharing your craft space!! I enjoyed looking at all your photos! :)

Eden: lol you should definitely share your space with us as well!! heheheh

Corner.of.M.and.K

« Reply #234 on: October 01, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »
Nou: Great job on the upholstery!! I've been wanting to do some as well!!

YubNag: Loooove what you did with the pill storage idea!! That's sooo neat!!

Like this post: +1

LeLe

« Reply #235 on: October 01, 2012, 06:59:01 PM »
Some things I've made...

$5 dessert stand

Diaper Cakes for old coworkers.

Diaper wreath I made for my nyab.

nou

« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2012, 11:19:30 PM »
LeLe, those diaper cakes are adorable!  I usually just give a box of diapers with a bow on top.  =D

LeLe

« Reply #237 on: October 03, 2012, 11:34:57 PM »
I've made a ton of them and I did a towel cake for my mom too, but I gotta look for the pictures.

LeLe

« Reply #238 on: October 04, 2012, 07:03:56 AM »
LeLe, those diaper cakes are adorable!  I usually just give a box of diapers with a bow on top.  =D

I actually had more fun doing the wreath than the diaper cakes...

LiveLaughLooveCreate

« Reply #239 on: October 12, 2012, 05:04:14 AM »
Wow!! Awesome jobs Ladies!! Love the creativeness from everyone. Ive been really busy due to some project this month, Not only is it Halloween, but an abundant of birthdays to weddings ceremony. Before I know it, Thanksgiving and Christmas will be here, and here we have it, the New year will begin all over again. Wow what happen to this year?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 05:33:14 AM by LiveLaughLooveCreate »

Advertisements