Advertisement

Author Topic: Finally, a good analysis of income inequality... agree?  (Read 2126 times)

Offline Hung_Low

• Sr. Poster
  • Respect: +249
    • View Profile

Like this post: 0
- Maxi pad not greatest thing on earth but next to it.

Adverstisement

bulbasaur

Re: Finally, a good analysis of income inequality... agree?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 11:18:51 PM »
No.

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 09:55:32 PM »
did you actually read that analysis or just the article which sums up what you wanna hear?

Although I got nothing against income inequality, I do take offense to income inequality being increased because rich people don't pay their share of taxes.

another thing, income inequality in competative businesses I agree with 100%.  its the income inequality in non competative organizations like government agencies that I don't approve of.  why should $250,000 a year of our tax dollars be spent on a superintendsnt of schools and none on school supplies for our kids? 

bulbasaur

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 01:23:38 AM »
The article has so many problems.  It just got annoying after a while. 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +463
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 03:09:41 AM »
did you actually read that analysis or just the article which sums up what you wanna hear?

Although I got nothing against income inequality, I do take offense to income inequality being increased because rich people don't pay their share of taxes.

another thing, income inequality in competative businesses I agree with 100%.  its the income inequality in non competative organizations like government agencies that I don't approve of.  why should $250,000 a year of our tax dollars be spent on a superintendsnt of schools and none on school supplies for our kids?

What exactly is their fair share of taxes?

90%?

Dude, do us all a favor. When your cancer finally takes you out, hopefully you leave a big chunk of your life insurance to some black kids.  >:D

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +225
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 08:28:09 AM »
What exactly is their fair share of taxes?

90%?

Dude, do us all a favor. When your cancer finally takes you out, hopefully you leave a big chunk of your life insurance to some black kids.  >:D

Mmm.

bulbasaur

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2016, 09:01:07 AM »
I've heard this argument before.  Just because some clueless college kid couldn't figure it out on Fox News, that doesn't mean that it is a good argument.  Do I really need to break apart this argument?

Sifu

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2016, 11:00:14 AM »
They really, really, really, really, really want you to read Equal Is Unfair.   

can

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »

this is why the progressives have always fought against the tyranny of the crazy wacko right wings 

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:55 AM »

I don't think the superintendent should be getting paid $250,000/year BUT I certainly don't think the money should go towards school supplies for kids either. Parents need to take care of that.

Don't have kids if you can't fork up $1 for a box of crayons for your kid. And if you wait until it's closer to the start of school, that sh.it drops down to .30-.43/box.  ::)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 04:57:53 AM »
Those bemoaning "income inequality" do so because they want to live in a McMansion like their cousin who also stemmed from the same hood. And it just isn't fair that Tou gets to live on Main St. when he was copying homework answers off of Kou. Kou should also get to live on Main St.

"waaaa waaa waaa..."

The truth of the matter is that when you have a free market society there is more opportunities for its members to acquire wealth. When that happens you see surges of inflation. Why? Because more people have spending power in a very short amount of time at precisely the same time period. This is when you get into house bidding wars. On the flip side, there will be those left behind by this wave. Suddenly, they want what their old neighbor now has.

Take for example:

Remember back in the 80s when the majority of Hmong were living in housing complexes? No jealousy there. Everybody po' da same. Now it's about "Keeping Up With the Kong's and Kues and Vangs and Yangs, etc.".

There will be some people left behind. They will get priced out of neighborhoods, cars, education, etc.

Education used to be cheaper back then because not as many low-income enrolled in college. Nowadays, too many taking out student loans and many not paying back. Lenders have to find a way to make back their money.

Advertisements