Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485873 times)

Photocycle

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2100 on: May 09, 2011, 03:09:50 PM »
Jimmy, I don't feel like spending the gas money to pre-fish this one so I might just show up on tourney day and keep my fingers crossed. All the stories I been hearing from everyone is, go slow on the lake or you'll lose a lower unit. I may try to make it out the friday before tourney day - depending on when my bro gets off work.

I'll call you if I some how change my mind and want to go this weekend. (Well saturday probably won't work because I have a wedding to go to)...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2101 on: May 09, 2011, 03:24:23 PM »
Are you fishing this one Jimmy?

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2102 on: May 09, 2011, 03:43:23 PM »
Are you fishing this one Jimmy?

Yeap.

Will fish this one and Their Tonka one on July 22nd.

I counted and I will be fishing 14 events this year

6 - TCHB

4 - HBC elites

3 - HBC (menomin, tonka, classic)

1 - July4th

Gonna be a busy summer. GF is already mad at me...LOL

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2103 on: May 09, 2011, 03:46:33 PM »
Yeap.

Will fish this one and Their Tonka one on July 22nd.

I counted and I will be fishing 14 events this year

6 - TCHB

4 - HBC elites

3 - HBC (menomin, tonka, classic)

1 - July4th

Gonna be a busy summer. GF is already mad at me...LOL

She won't be mad when you give her some prize money for shopping.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2104 on: May 09, 2011, 03:46:41 PM »
My PTO is down the drain also...LOL

Took the Tuesday and some Wednsday's off before each tourney to prefish during the weekday's. LOL

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2105 on: May 09, 2011, 03:52:28 PM »
Good luck bro! I hope one of us rookies can take it.

You're lucky you have PTO. I have none! No such thing exist in my world.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2106 on: May 09, 2011, 04:01:30 PM »
Good luck bro! I hope one of us rookies can take it.

You're lucky you have PTO. I have none! No such thing exist in my world.

I saved my PTO by not going anywhere since last fall. Have to do it.

I figure an extra day of prefishing should help me out in finding some fish and by fishing on a Tuesday or Wed I figure the lake will be less busy. 

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2107 on: May 09, 2011, 04:07:42 PM »
I saved my PTO by not going anywhere since last fall. Have to do it.

I figure an extra day of prefishing should help me out in finding some fish and by fishing on a Tuesday or Wed I figure the lake will be less busy. 

That's what I need to do this year. Pre-fish, pre-fish, prefish since this year will be my first year of actually fishing an entire tournament.

blablablablabla

« Reply #2108 on: May 10, 2011, 07:51:34 AM »
Photo/blaster/Blabla:

Any of you heading to Menomin this Weekend to Prefish? I'll be going Saturday but would like to follow another person down to Menominee just in case

I was there on Sunday for a few hours......... .....I might have a bent prop shaft.  Other than that a bunch of snakes to hand and 1 lost smallie.  Becareful out there, this place reminds me of a mini me lake pepin.  Its not too bad, if you have lakemaster or navionics just follow the old river beds.  O0 

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2109 on: May 10, 2011, 09:15:34 AM »

I was there on Sunday for a few hours......... .....I might have a bent prop shaft.  Other than that a bunch of snakes to hand and 1 lost smallie.  Becareful out there, this place reminds me of a mini me lake pepin.  Its not too bad, if you have lakemaster or navionics just follow the old river beds.  O0 

I have navionics on my iphone and a hand held Lowrance that I use for GPS. My lakemaster doesn't have this lake but my navionics does. Guess it will be slow going out there. Do you remember what the water temps were this past Sunday? Any Green stuff on the lake. I hear this lake is really bad when it comes to algae.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2110 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:10 AM »
I have navionics on my iphone and a hand held Lowrance that I use for GPS. My lakemaster doesn't have this lake but my navionics does. Guess it will be slow going out there. Do you remember what the water temps were this past Sunday? Any Green stuff on the lake. I hear this lake is really bad when it comes to algae.

I have Navionics on my 4G Evo and its not that accurate so I wouldn't rely on it for navigating. However, its better to have something than nothing. Good luck.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2111 on: May 10, 2011, 09:31:40 AM »
I have Navionics on my 4G Evo and its not that accurate so I wouldn't rely on it for navigating. However, its better to have something than nothing. Good luck.

Yeah that's all I have. Will just take it slow. Probably stop at a local bait shop in Menominee to get a paper map of the lake also.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2112 on: May 10, 2011, 10:01:52 AM »
Yeah that's all I have. Will just take it slow. Probably stop at a local bait shop in Menominee to get a paper map of the lake also.

Yeah, take it slow. Good luck!

Photocycle

« Reply #2113 on: May 10, 2011, 10:06:44 AM »
To be honest, pre-fishing hasn't really paid off for me. With my luck, every time I prefish and have pre-conceived notions on the lake -- come tournament day and EVERYTHING is completely different lol.

If I get a chance to go out on the lake, I like to just idle around now and understand the structure of the lake.

I'm kinda excited for the first tourney on Menomin though... can't wait to get my ass handed to me.

bASS_BLASTER

« Reply #2114 on: May 10, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
WTH? I saw this at the supermarket yesterday! Says, "LMB, Product of Taiwan".  :'( :'( :'(

I thought you couldn't sell game fish? Maybe if its from another country you can? That's BS!! btw, this is $11. For the taste, not worth $11.

Advertisements