Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485811 times)

q

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #2895 on: June 22, 2011, 01:59:22 PM »
Even with all these rain and with almost all lakes being high, whitebear is still 6' low. Wth!!!  This'll be interesting for HBC this Friday. I keep picturing in my mind whitebear is draining out of a crack somewhere under the lake due to underground erosion which connects to some huge underground caverns.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

q

« Reply #2896 on: June 22, 2011, 02:00:51 PM »
^fake info.

If you want boost in confidence, go fish White Bear Lake or St. Croix. That's the truth.
I think HBC will weigh in 20lbs for winning bag.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2897 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:00 PM »
Even with all these rain and with almost all lakes being high, whitebear is still 6' low. Wth!!!  This'll be interesting for HBC this Friday. I keep picturing in my mind whitebear is draining out of a crack somewhere under the lake due to underground erosion which connects to some huge underground caverns.

LOL...using my GPS on that lake for ice fishing...I kept drilling holes in 16ft of water only to be in 8 ft of water....LOL

Photocycle

« Reply #2898 on: June 22, 2011, 02:22:37 PM »
What do you guys mean water levels are low on WBL? I thought they were high??? I was there last week.... someone told me its higher than usual...  ???

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2899 on: June 22, 2011, 02:29:15 PM »
What do you guys mean water levels are low on WBL? I thought they were high??? I was there last week.... someone told me its higher than usual...  ???

Its been down 8ft for years now... LOL

So being up 2ft this year is only being down 6ft.LOL

q

« Reply #2900 on: June 22, 2011, 02:35:02 PM »
What do you guys mean water levels are low on WBL? I thought they were high??? I was there last week.... someone told me its higher than usual...  ???
uhh, no. It is low. If I remember correctly, back in the days, the water was just 2' below the launch ramp during middle summer. That reef straight out from the launch that is out of the water now, boat used to just run straight across without worrying about bottoming out. All the cattails around the island used to be submerged cattails that you can go right through almost all of it with you trolling motor.

Yeah, its low, real low when compared to back in the days. But compared to last yr, it looks to be only a foot higher.

addisonlee

« Reply #2901 on: June 22, 2011, 02:50:52 PM »
Speaking of low water levels. I remember when Lake Michigan use to be 4-5ft higher covering most the boulders and the pier. Majority of people wouldn't even be able to go all the way to the end of the pier. This was some 10-15yrs ago.

Global warming?  ??? :o

q

« Reply #2902 on: June 23, 2011, 08:19:59 AM »
Slowly but surely, one lake at a time, a lake dries up.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2903 on: June 23, 2011, 10:01:13 AM »
Guys we are launching from the Bluffs. Let everyone you know that is coming know.

q

« Reply #2904 on: June 23, 2011, 12:00:28 PM »
High water is good for fishing, they come shallow.

q

« Reply #2905 on: June 23, 2011, 12:39:45 PM »
Yeah I know. But still, I hope its NO WAKE! haha

As long as it doesn't stay at no-wake during the J4. Because rules are, you cannot pass in no-wake areas, so if that's the case, its gonna be a long idle ride up north in a single file line. Just hope to get drawn early. LOL.

q

« Reply #2906 on: June 23, 2011, 12:45:16 PM »
In that case, might as well tie all boats together in a long train.

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #2907 on: June 23, 2011, 01:21:14 PM »
Water is projected to be at 682.5ft for this saturday..Unde r the no wake level of 683ft. :P

As long as we don't get rain the following week it should drop down slowly for J4th

DeceiversChick

« Reply #2908 on: June 23, 2011, 07:29:29 PM »
Oh just an FYI:

Yesterday after the storm came through we went out to D3/\/\0/\/7R!\/!I_I_3. I so love that lake! Threw a crank for about 4 hours and just killed em! At one point I threw out my KVD 1.5 and got a birds nest...crank was ontop of the water and a bass hit it...fixed Bird's nest and set the hook and bam! 3lber...LOL..I t was a fun night...Bumc and my other buddy was with and they did well to on jigs/senkos. Super Fun lake! It is also a C&R lake. We caught quite a few 3's and lots of 2's and tons of smaller fish. At one point we got a triple which was quite funny. Buddy caught a fish on weightless Senko...1 second later Bumc Catches one on a jig and 2 seconds later I caught one a crank.

Also caught a few pikes...

If you need a boost in confidence...t his is the lake you need to go to...Super fun for 4 hours of fishing....
does demontreville have shore fishing?

sorry had to bust it out. lmfao

chubbychaseR

« Reply #2909 on: June 23, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Every outing on that lake averages 25+ bass in 4-6 hours. Work the docks and it's a guaranteed. Olson holds some huge bass in the 22's.   

Advertisements