Advertisement

Author Topic: bass fishing  (Read 485841 times)

q

Re: bass fishing
« Reply #3135 on: September 02, 2011, 06:23:21 AM »

I don't know how to imbed the Video so If someone knows how please do so. thanks!
Nice O0

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

basside

« Reply #3136 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
Basside...yea it's all personal preference. I stop using swivel cuz I honestly keep hitting the tip. 6'6 - 7 is all good for drop shot. A lot of guys here get really technical about drop shot cuz we mostly have clear rock wall lakes; to using 2-4 test line to 1/32 oz drop shot weights, to drop shotting swim baits and mini crappie jigs for keeper bass...but best of all is any plactic worm(Robo worms).

You should try power shotting your patches of weeds on a flipping stick. There is a power shot drop shot weight out but I forgot what its called or brand. Put on a bobber stopper and then a punch skirt on your main line before you tie your drop shot set up. Use your regular 3/0-4/0 off set or barb hook and tie your regular drop shot set up. 1/2 or 1oz punch weight is fine. Slip the punch skirt down with your bobber stopper to where the hook is and you can put on any creature/worm bait. Pitch it into your patches of weeds and fish it like a drop shot.

It is preference and whatever one is confident with. You Cali boys have mostly crystal clear water with rock/gravel bottom so 2-4# is a must--lived there, fished it before and I understand how it is. Here in the mid-west, our water is mostly stain with thick weeds so we can use can use heavier lines. I have many flipping sticks but they all have 40-65#  braids, never found a situation where I needed to rig a powershot on them.

Good tips man! Thanks.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 09:38:52 AM by basside »

addisonlee

« Reply #3137 on: September 02, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
Good info here guys. Thanks.  O0

Basstard

« Reply #3138 on: September 02, 2011, 02:38:47 PM »
No prob Basside... O0

The only thing with power shotting is it has to be rigged right..but you should give it a try. Post some pictures up.

basside

« Reply #3139 on: September 02, 2011, 03:21:51 PM »
No prob Basside... O0

The only thing with power shotting is it has to be rigged right..but you should give it a try. Post some pictures up.

Maybe you should make a diagram or come show us mid-west guys how its done.

Basstard

« Reply #3140 on: September 02, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
LOL Basside id love to fish the midwest but like you and a lot of us...i have bills to pay. Its easier done than said...like a regular drop shot set up with big bigger weight, hook, bait, and an additional punch skirt with a bobber stopper to hold the skirt down.

Its just a rig that might help...doesnt mean its going to work for you. Its a pretty good set up to have for us on the Ca Delta when the bass dont want to bite and shaking it in one spot in clumps of grass, tullies, etc. or puching it through thick stuff.

Maybe one day Ill get a chance to experience midwest bass fishing. Have couple cuzns there who invite me every year but Ca circuits for 2012 are already posted and schedule is booked...but if one day i do i'll surely contact you.

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #3141 on: September 03, 2011, 03:19:15 PM »
I don't know how to fish.  I don't even know how to tie those special knots on hooks. 

All I did before was buy some live bait, night crawlers, and throw them in the water and just wait for a bite.  Then some fisherman dude told me that you have to know what kind of fish there are...... scavengers or hunters.  Then a light bulb went on..... bass are predatory fish, therefor they hunt for moving things while catfish are scavengers.

q

« Reply #3142 on: September 07, 2011, 10:20:52 AM »
The seasons winding down for you tournaments guys, I bet you guys already looking forward to next season.

HBC coming down to their last tournament before their classic and it has come down to a 2.5pts difference between Nhia and Ric for AOY. Ric having won every tournament held on Forest. But knowing Nhia, he's gonna place pretty average in the group too. Being most likely some of the HBC will fish TCHB at Minnetonka because they don't fair so well at Forest. Will there be enough teams to gap Ric and Nhia if Ric wins or will Nhia hang on to the number one spot? Will be an interesting finish. Note that if it wasn't for Ric's motor issue during HBC's St. Croix tournament, he was unable to weigh his 21lbs bag for the win which would have place him 14pts ahead of Nhia, but shit happens and Ric's been placing no less then 2nd since St. Croix. That's a team deserving of AOY. O0

TCHB coming down to the last tournament and it's at Minnetonka. Vong, Mike and Jimmy all fighting for AOY. Only 5pts separate the Leader Vong from Jimmy and Mike. Minnetonka has always been a very diverse system that anyone can take this for the win. Likely half the HBC guys will make an appearance here too, it'll be a lot of boats so this'll be one big fun tourament. Note that Vong won Minnetonka earlier this year when TCHB had their tournament there. Jimmy placing 4th and Mike placing 10th. Vong's may have the upper hand here but as we all know, weather, time of year and the diversity of Minnetonka may change things around.

Good luck and have fun. O0

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #3143 on: September 07, 2011, 10:26:20 AM »
I dunno about you guys but shiet...I had 2 crappy days of practice on tonka...That week of cold weather either turned them off or they relocated cause I couldn't find any big fish....

Gym -E- Lamm

« Reply #3144 on: September 07, 2011, 10:27:53 AM »
Also don't forget about the Elite HBC on The croix for Sunday...

Not sure if I am gonna fish it as I'm in 4th but way out of it as far as points go and I haven't had any time to prefish the Croix.

basside

« Reply #3145 on: September 07, 2011, 10:28:32 AM »
I don't know how to fish.  I don't even know how to tie those special knots on hooks. 

All I did before was buy some live bait, night crawlers, and throw them in the water and just wait for a bite.  Then some fisherman dude told me that you have to know what kind of fish there are...... scavengers or hunters.  Then a light bulb went on..... bass are predatory fish, therefor they hunt for moving things while catfish are scavengers.

Really? I did not know they are predators. Always thought they were algae eaters.

q

« Reply #3146 on: September 07, 2011, 10:45:23 AM »
With HBC Elite, Peter is currently leading with Dan and Enosey trailing by 6pts. In my opinion, there's just isn't enough boats for Dan or Enosey to gain the grounds to win AOY. Being those guys are the veterans of HBC and with the lack of boats, their placements isn't enough to cause any offset. But Dan being the most consistent on the St. Croix, he's got my vote of the St. Croix win because Peter and Enosey has been inconsistent on the St. Croix. HBC Elite will most likely end the year with Peter winning AOY and with a small possibility of Dan winning AOY.

addisonlee

« Reply #3147 on: September 07, 2011, 11:34:24 AM »
I dunno about you guys but shiet...I had 2 crappy days of practice on tonka...That week of cold weather either turned them off or they relocated cause I couldn't find any big fish....

How would you guys suggest fishing after this huge cold front for smallies?

bumzc

« Reply #3148 on: September 07, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »
yep, Its coming down to the wire for AOY but no matter who wins it was a great and successful season.

Addison - SMB are totally different from LMB, but I would suggest slowing down and downgrading.

P.s. I suck at bass fishing after a cold front  :'( ;D

basside

« Reply #3149 on: September 07, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »
Don't know about you guys but after this cold front the crappies normally found at 6-8 fow is now 11-13 fow. For some reason, the walleyes are moving shallower (Probably same reason as SMB). Walleyes normally found at 15-30 fow is now in 8-10 fow. From my experience with this cold front, LMB are scattered throughout the day b/c the cooler water allowed them to move all around. Caught them deep and shallow so hard to say where they're at exactly. SMB are different, they like cooler water so with this cold front, they are moving in shallow. Just my experience.

« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 12:55:20 PM by basside »

Advertisements