Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717988 times)

Reload Wife

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1845 on: May 14, 2012, 11:31:26 AM »
Most of my heel/pump are only size 4.  I order online and return a few because it doesn't fit right or kind of width.  Boots 5/ 5.5.  If I'm at a store where I see a shoe in my size then I usually buy it and sometime the mark down price is a steal. 

I probably won't be going shopping until Memorial Weekend since I have to drive out of town for it otherwise there is no store here.

I use to hate my body or maybe its because I don't dress up enough to experience what fit right and what I need to do to enhance certain area. 

I think we all have body issues. You look great after having your baby. I hope I look as good as you.  As for finding items that fit you. It's a trial and error. You will have to try on various clothes and see what will or will not work for you. One of my favorite blogger told me that sometime you will have to find what clothes fit better than the rest and have it alter to fit your body.  Don't be shy to try every style the store has.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #1846 on: May 14, 2012, 11:33:07 AM »
my outfit of the day was this:  gap sweater, nine west top, mossimo capri, rl pumps, pearl necklace/bracelet/earrings/ring.

I love the green. It's very refreshing.
Today I wore, to my cousin's mothersday feast:

a black winged dress (length is not short ) I'm tall, but this dress came right down to above my knees.

with strappy heels. it killed my aching feet and so i had to switch it to sandals later. I don't know what I was thinking.  :idiot2:

Love those shoes.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1847 on: May 14, 2012, 11:35:05 AM »
I own a few pointy toes pump, but have feet that has a big bone before getting to the big toe... so pumps tend to hurt my feet, especially pointy toes... while I do like to dress up nice, I don't believe "pain is beauty."  There's nothing beautiful or sexy about limping or walking barefoot b/c my feet hurt too much.

I know my born shoes are not the sexiest shoes out there, but I think they are not that bad looking and they are as comfortable as wearing gym shoes.

The most important thing is comfort. Have you try almond shape shoes as an alternate to pointy one?

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 11:40:47 AM by Reload Wife »

LadyLionness

« Reply #1848 on: May 14, 2012, 11:38:26 AM »
The most important thing is comfort. Have you try almond shape shoes as an alternation to pointy one?

I have those too, but they still can't beat the comfort of my BORN shoes.  When BORN start coming out with them... I will buy more... lolz!  or SOFFT...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1849 on: May 14, 2012, 11:39:21 AM »
I'm bored today and can't go anywhere without my wallet so finally decide to play dress up....... I don't own a white tee but this thread is encouraging me to go shopping more. 

White tee : Forever 21 (my daughter)
Jean:  Levis
Scarf:  H & M  (my daughter)

I love the scarf.  You should play dress more.  :)
I like every outfit that you have.  :)
Thanks. Lavender. You're always so sweet.
RW, you look fabulous!  (as usual)  :)

Lol not always. I was surprise to find out that my husband really love this outfit. He said that I'm always dress up so it was nice to see me in a white t-shirt and jean.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1850 on: May 14, 2012, 11:40:18 AM »
Thajyeeb, nice color combination.  That Mango jacket looks great...

Reload Wife

« Reply #1851 on: May 14, 2012, 11:41:19 AM »

I have those too, but they still can't beat the comfort of my BORN shoes.  When BORN start coming out with them... I will buy more... lolz!  or SOFFT...
LOl ok I keep an eye out for them and let you know.

OldVeggies

« Reply #1852 on: May 14, 2012, 11:42:56 AM »
will share fotos tomorrow or the next day.

LadyLionness

« Reply #1853 on: May 14, 2012, 11:53:41 AM »

« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 12:09:17 PM by LadyLionness »

Reload Wife

LadyLionness

« Reply #1855 on: May 14, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »
Now those are sexy.

Which one?  lolz....

go-go

« Reply #1856 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:05 PM »
Anemone, did you post up a picture for this challenge?? I don't remember seeing it....

Reload Wife

« Reply #1857 on: May 14, 2012, 12:06:44 PM »
Summerberry – I hope you don’t mind that I give you some feedback on the outfits you posted.

Black dress – I think you wore this dress very well. I can tell you are very petite (height & weight). I think the dress looks good on you. It is comfortable and the length is appropriate (you’re a mother with young kids). The only thing I would do is accessorize the outfit, perhaps a long stranded necklace or do a shorter statement necklace. I know you are very new to the whole ‘dress up’ thing, so take one step at a time. ;) Overall, I think this dress is a hit!

Turquoise shirt & black pants
– this outfit did you no favors. The blouse is too busy with all the ruffles that your upper body is loss. The sleeves on the blouse is too loose. The pants are pulled up way too high, my guess is the waist line is big for you so you had to hold it together with a belt? Because you can see the clinching of the fabric around the crotch area (usually happens when one pulls up the pants too high with a belt).

Red/white striped skirt – I like this skirt look on you. It reminds me of how Reload Wife wears her skirts. I think you wore this well!

I’m really glad this thread is encouraging you to step outside your comfort zone. I realize you’re a stay at home mom with young kids so it’s unrealistic to dress up like this every day. If I were a stay at home mom, I’d probably wear sweats all day too. But I think it’s also good to have a couple of nice pieces in your closet so when an occasion arises and you need to dress up or wear something nice, you have options.

Anemone you have a good eye for noticing all the details.

Reload Wife

« Reply #1858 on: May 14, 2012, 12:08:26 PM »

Which one?  lolz....

The second and last one.  ;)

LadyLionness

« Reply #1859 on: May 14, 2012, 12:11:48 PM »
RW, love your jean outfit... One thing I do like from Forever 21 is their lace jackets... I have a black one.

Advertisements