Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717634 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #1995 on: May 17, 2012, 01:10:47 PM »
Thabyeej, mine watches with me too.  I think he secretly enjoys it more than me.  :2funny:
I'm viewing pix also.  O0

Mine actually watch those more than me... hehhe... from time to time... he will record a portion of it and show me when I get home...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

sunsets

« Reply #1996 on: May 17, 2012, 01:27:43 PM »
or e-mail me first, if you are not sure...

Well, it's not really like a date..more like a stroll at the park ...lol.

But will send you take a look first... ;D

LadyLionness

« Reply #1997 on: May 17, 2012, 01:39:03 PM »
Well, it's not really like a date..more like a stroll at the park ...lol.

But will send you take a look first... ;D

OK... it's still a date!!

go-go

« Reply #1998 on: May 17, 2012, 02:32:26 PM »

Post some of your fav, thajyeeb...
too many to post... just google them...it's all over the web.
look at Fan BingBing in Chris Bu Kewen (from yesterday) and Elie Saab (from today) and you'll see what I mean....

Offline Ron Burgundy

• Sr. Poster
  • Handsome Man's Club Applicant
  • Respect: +161
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:27 PM »
LOL I'm tiny compare to you and your son. Wow you two are taller. My husband is only 5'2" and he is shorten than my dad who is 5' 6".

Your legs look long, slender,  and not typical for someone your height. ;). Whatever you're doing, keep it up! ;D

My dad is barely 5' 6" and my mom is only 5'. Thank you American food. ::)

Lavender

« Reply #2000 on: May 17, 2012, 04:30:00 PM »
Couldn't find my flash drive.  So no sharing today for me.

I'm still waiting for LL's picture.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: May 17, 2012, 05:14:59 PM »
what we wore today...

on me:  at top, gap sweater, express skirt, aldo pumps, necklace/earrings/bracelet from macy's.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Lavender

« Reply #2002 on: May 17, 2012, 05:17:36 PM »
Trouble,
You two are fashionably beautiful as always.  Is that your twin?

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: May 17, 2012, 05:29:23 PM »

ok before I run away, I think this is a nice enough dress, but it appears too matronly on the top half and too much dress overall for your small frame.

i agree with thajyeeb.  i think if the top part had a deeper v-neck, then it wouldn't look so matronly.  i do like the design though.  ;)

I don't know how to describe the top.  I think it's a dress shirt.  It's grey.  The vest is also grey.  I wore brown tight.  Ummmm the vest adds style to the plain dress shirt.  Without the vest, the dress shirt is plain and doesn't have sytle. 

That's not my waist.  It's actually tied higher than my waist. 

It's comfortable.  :)

I have not been exercising and eating more.  ;D  I think I look bigger in this picture.  ;D

it's grey?  i thought it was blue, it looked blue on my screen.  i also thought it was a one piece, both vest and dress shirt.  maybe trying on a different color vest to give it some contrast? 

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: May 17, 2012, 05:30:58 PM »
Trouble,
You two are fashionably beautiful as always.  Is that your twin?

no, but we do get mistaken for being twins or sisters.....an d we look nothing alike.   :2funny:   :2funny:

Lavender

« Reply #2005 on: May 17, 2012, 05:37:58 PM »
no, but we do get mistaken for being twins or sisters.....an d we look nothing alike.   :2funny:   :2funny:
Oh...ehehehe.  Are you Hmong?

Lavender

« Reply #2006 on: May 17, 2012, 05:39:08 PM »
i agree with thajyeeb.  i think if the top part had a deeper v-neck, then it wouldn't look so matronly.  i do like the design though.  ;)

it's grey?  i thought it was blue, it looked blue on my screen.  i also thought it was a one piece, both vest and dress shirt.  maybe trying on a different color vest to give it some contrast? 
I have brown, black, and purple.  I will try mixing the colors next time.   :)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: May 17, 2012, 06:36:17 PM »
what we wore today...

on me:  at top, gap sweater, express skirt, aldo pumps, necklace/earrings/bracelet from macy's.

I like the length of the skirt.  It is more like pencil skirt?  I have to make a list of store to check out this weekend at Modesto Mall and start my collection.  I might have to stick with color that I can wear year round or go with just about everything 1st before jumping into other colors. 

Accessories like bracelet, necklace, etc.  I might have to slow it down because they do cost a lot and if I was to choose between it or clothes then I rather get clothes. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: May 17, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
Trouble, business chic!  Thanks for sharing.

Summerberry, if you are building a wardrobe and want essential pieces that you can wear for years to come, definitely get a black pencil skirt and the classic white button up shirt.  These are two items that will withstand the test of time, and you will be able to wear them with many pieces in your closet. O0 

I think it was already mentioned for you to check Ann Taylor or Loft.  These two stores are pretty petite friendly.  Also check out Banana Republic, some stores carry petites.  H&M has some really nice pencil skirts at reasonable price so check them out too.  Sign up to receive promotions because when they do they will email you coupons.  I think if you sign up, you will get a coupon for 20% off one item of your choice.  There are so many more essential pieces to add to your wardrobe, and you just have to start with one or two pieces and go from there. 

As for jewelry, check out F21 or H&M.  A lot of my jewelry are from F21.  Target has nice jewlry too.  Check out Macy's clearance racks.  Last weekend it was additional 50% off the clearance price.  If you are patient and look you can find some great pieces for a great price!

Have fun shopping!

F21 and H & M I will look for accessories but those 2 store take time to dig in but the H & M in Modesto Mall is not that big and usually so dark inside while the kids section has brighter light.  I go to Target almost every day or every other day so I don't feel like roaming there anymore. 

I can't do white blouse because I actually still have a few blouses in my closet over the year that still has tag and haven't even worn them but just different color.  A lot of time I feel petite section of the store cater more like old lady when it come to their tops unless hitting Limited, Ann Taylor are more for the younger look and even if they have it too big unless ordering online is the only option for smaller size because I've been in a few in the past and that what they said the size they carried in the store mostly target average size while petite or misses is more online. 

Express banner are hitting my page so it look good to get $10 of a $30 until Sunday so I might have to look into it now.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2009 on: May 18, 2012, 12:25:12 AM »
Here is my date night outfit.  I wanted to wear jeans with this jacket, but my daughter wanted me more dressed up as it was her award night... she is done with high school... yay!... so proud of her!

1.  Ninewest pinstripe ruffle suit
2.  BCBG lace dress
3.  Guess nude heels
4.  Invitica Rose Gold watch (no other jewelry as everything is so busy already)

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 11:23:32 AM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: +2

Advertisements