Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717672 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #2175 on: May 22, 2012, 12:07:28 PM »
Our JCPenny is a small section for Petite and very pog laus about the size of my master bedroom or even smaller.  Only store left to check out if Lane Bryant and NY & CO but I already know its too big so I'm not bothering with it and hopefully I can find some time this weekend to go shopping out of town or even to the outlet.  PH really got me hook up that I must do a little shopping to have a few pieces of wardrobe these day.
That is good to hear.  You are a great mom and wife and need to pamper yourself a little too.  Have fun, dear.  Wish I live closer so I could take you shopping...

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Reload Wife

« Reply #2176 on: May 22, 2012, 12:09:14 PM »
It is a big draw back because you expect petite to be smaller size than regular women size but sometime they are bigger depending on brand and store.  I don't really like Juniors clothing because that what my daughter is already wearing unless there is a few pant or top that can look more like business like then I don't mind.

Maybe afternoon when I drop off my son at preschool I will drive straight to Fashion Bug to see what they have because Lavendar seen to wear a few pieces from there and since its the same shopping complex as Marshalls then I'll check it too.

Petite girls has a hard time when it come to shopping for clothes. The clothes are either too big or too pog laus. When you do find a item of clothes that does fit it's expensive.

Ann Taylor is currently having an additional 40% off sale and Loft is having an additional 50 % off sale.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:10:49 PM by Reload Wife »

LadyLionness

« Reply #2177 on: May 22, 2012, 12:10:47 PM »
Petite girls has a hard time when it come to shopping for clothes. The clothes are either too big or too pog laus. When you do find a item of clothes that does fit it's expensive.

So when I find it on sale or on clearance... I buy multiples... lolz!

LadyLionness

« Reply #2178 on: May 22, 2012, 12:12:49 PM »
Talking about kids... Summerberry... if you ever want to spurlge... I would say check out Diane Von Fursburg's wrapped dresses for kids... maybe buy JUST ONE... lolz...

Reload Wife

« Reply #2179 on: May 22, 2012, 12:13:15 PM »

So when I find it on sale or on clearance... I buy multiples... lolz!

I don't like to buy multiples unless it a item that I really love.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2180 on: May 22, 2012, 12:14:31 PM »
And I still swear by BCBG... they have XXS... Dillards, Saks... Nordstom carry them... try them on and then shop for the same thing on ebay for roughly $50 to $100 instead of paying $300 to $900...

Reload Wife

« Reply #2181 on: May 22, 2012, 12:15:12 PM »
Omg! I've been so busy to keep up with the sales! Ok ok... I'm going to the mall tonight!  O0 Thanks for letting us know Reload!

You're welcome.  My email box is full of sale notification. Which can be a good or bad thing.  :P

LadyLionness

« Reply #2182 on: May 22, 2012, 12:21:17 PM »
I do it with ahem... leather jackets... lolz! 

But on a serious note, I do with with almost everything... b/c I have an odd body shape that if I wear normal clohes... it just looks gross... there is very limited brands and styles that I can wear and make me look nice like the rest of the world... you guys can't tell it by the clothes I wear... but if I was to wear walmart or target clothes... you will see right away how odd my body is... sad but true!!!  :'( :'( :'(

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: May 22, 2012, 12:22:31 PM »
SB, don't go to Lane Bryant. Lane will be way too big for you.

NY&Co also runs big. You might find some nice cardigan in XS but it might still be big depending on style. I am a Small in NY&Co and I am not small! But NY&Co sometimes have some decent stuff so it's worth checking out but just know that they do run a little big in size.

Do you have Gap Kids in your mall? Regular Gap runs very big (again I am a small in their sizing). But if you have Gap Kids, it's worth checking it out. I know a lot of petite bloggers have lucks with finding some great pieces at Gap Kids.

Now everyone is recommending kiddie clothes.  I love Gap for their sweater which I have plenty.  Our store directory if you look at it we got no good stores which is why I don't really care about stepping foot inside the mall.  I may go like 1-2 x a year but stand around looking dumb or sit outside while my daughter get what she came for at Aeropostale and go home and never look around at other store. 

I actually like to dig outlet center better but most location are almost 1 1/2 hour drive away. 

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: May 22, 2012, 12:26:45 PM »
BCBG is gorgeous but way too pricey for me. I don't think I have the patience to search ebay. LOL... But then I've never come across anything I really really want enough to search for it on ebay. Maybe I need to utilize it more?

I'm like you LL, when I see something and it fits me well...I tend to buy multiple colors, etc.. This usually happens with jeans only though. Last month I bought 4 pairs of the same jeans in diferent colors! LOL! Red, white, dark blue, light blue!  :2funny:

When something fit me well I do go and buy multiple colors in case they don't have the style anymore and hard to find.  That what I did with my Life Stride shoes in all the color.  No more jean for me but just need to find a perfect fit pant/slack and maybe get 2-3 color along with 2-3 pencil skirt.  Blazer is a easy find but it just the length that I'm concern if I'm wearing it too long or too short or is it okay to fold the cuff.  Top/shirt is something I can buy from time to time and wear it with what I already have.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2185 on: May 22, 2012, 12:27:08 PM »
Now everyone is recommending kiddie clothes.  I love Gap for their sweater which I have plenty.  Our store directory if you look at it we got no good stores which is why I don't really care about stepping foot inside the mall.  I may go like 1-2 x a year but stand around looking dumb or sit outside while my daughter get what she came for at Aeropostale and go home and never look around at other store. 

I actually like to dig outlet center better but most location are almost 1 1/2 hour drive away. 
I honestly prefer not to shop in kids selection for myself. The reason being the kid clothes doesn't fit me well and  that I have a little girl who loves going through my clothes and will tell me that I'm too old to be wearing kids clothes.

Reload Wife

« Reply #2186 on: May 22, 2012, 12:34:52 PM »
Ok, nothing spectacular... just plain jane today.

Pants & top from Gap
Gray/white cardigan from Target
Beige sandals from Macys (Franco Sarto brand)

I think the shoes looks fine with the outfit since it a neutral color.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2187 on: May 22, 2012, 12:38:53 PM »
Ok, nothing spectacular... just plain jane today.

Pants & top from Gap
Gray/white cardigan from Target
Beige sandals from Macys (Franco Sarto brand)

Anemone... it may be nothing spectacular to you... we it's very interesting to us...

But I understand how you feel... b/c I used to dress very business like and all that too... so I gets mundane after a while... which is what led to me where I am today... something that is work appropriate... but still interesting and edgy in my eyes... something I am not bored with...

« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 12:47:42 PM by LadyLionness »

Reload Wife

« Reply #2188 on: May 22, 2012, 12:45:57 PM »
I think kids clothing would be ok for the basics, but I wouldn't do anything trendy in kids clothing then you'll just look like a kid. Plus, Gap isn't super trendy (in my opinion), they are more your classic, basic clothing pieces.

From the bloggers I've seen, they pick basic stuff - jeans, khakis, button downs, tshirts, jackets. And it looks good and doesn't look like they are playing dress-up or trying to be a kid again. I say if it fits, go for it. Back when I was skinny (very long time ago...ahahaaa), I used to buy Gap Kids pants all the time because it fit well. The fact that it came from the kids department didn't bother me.

And ultimately, I think it's how you wear it that matters. I'll try to post some examples later when I have more time.
I carry most of my weight on my hip and thigh. I don't think kids pant will work on me. There is nothing wrong about shopping in the kid department.

LadyLionness

« Reply #2189 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:18 PM »
I carry most of my weight on my hip and thigh. I don't think kids pant will work on me. There is nothing wrong about shopping in the kid department.

Me too... but some styles and some brands... I can still wear kids jeans...

Advertisements