Advertisement

Author Topic: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?  (Read 717989 times)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Fashion Slaves...what are you wearing today?
« Reply #3510 on: December 06, 2013, 10:03:59 AM »
Gray & black today. I have a lot of gray & black in my closet. Decided on these gray pants today because I haven't worn them in a while. I think I prefer the skinny slim fit pants because this type cut of pants make me look short. What do you ladies think? I'd love some feedback.

Black blouse, H&M. Black blazer, H&M. Gray slacks, Express. Black heels, Zara.

PP, the variety of styles of pants that you've posted all look fine.  The only difference is the way it looks on you.  I've included a couple of your other pics so that you can compare and see what I'm talking about.  In the first pic, that style and length elongates your legs and you do look taller.  The second and third pics will show you how the lengths of the pants can assist in making you look taller/shorter.  Since the length of the pants in the second pic is a bit longer than the third one, this elongates your legs or makes you look taller in the second pic as compared to the one in the third.  They all look nice but it's up to a person's preference and how comfortable they are in what they're wearing.  Hope this helps in your question.   :)

Like this post: +1
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3511 on: December 06, 2013, 10:07:34 AM »
Meeting up for dinner with my cousins for the first time... didn't know what to wear
Is you making fun of me?  ;D  Ok, so I took a pic of myself in this outfit a few weeks back and here I am today wearing the same outfit...lol!

Nice, guys!  Thanks for sharing.    O0

@LL, sounds like you have some great outfits.  When you're able to take pics, would love to see them.   ;)

« Last Edit: December 06, 2013, 10:11:37 AM by tRouBLe »

Like this post: 0
Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3512 on: December 06, 2013, 10:10:05 AM »

left:  JCrew blazer, AT shell, Levi's skinnies, Burberry scarf, NW boots, Coach watch, Macy's earrings/bracelets/necklace
right:  3/4 Gibson blazer, Express long sleeve T, ON plaid, NY&Co skinnies, Kelly & Katie pumps, Macy's bracelet/earrings

« Last Edit: December 09, 2013, 09:44:15 PM by tRouBLe »

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3513 on: December 06, 2013, 10:20:33 AM »
awesome alls! i knew i wasn't gonna have any time this morning to take a pic of my attire and so last night... don't mind my silly looking pose... ;D

Hey, PG, you don't have casual Fridays?

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3514 on: December 06, 2013, 10:37:48 AM »
@ trouble, i do but sometimes i opt not to do so...

Nice.  I like your pink shirt.  It's rare to find a man who wears pink.   O0

I totally see what you're saying. Thank you for doing these side by side! Sometimes it takes another pair of eyes to help us make better fashion decisions.  ;D

I do feel most comfortable in the skinny pants because it's more casual and I can just wear it with flats. With the full leg pants, I always have to wear it with heels and it always feels more 'dressed up'.

You're welcome, PP.   ;)

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3515 on: December 06, 2013, 10:54:17 AM »
oh, you mean "salmon" color clothing...? real men aren't afraid to wear "salmon"! ;D

Is it checkered or striped too?  From a distance, it looked like a solid pink color to me......or salmon.    ;D    :D

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
    • View Profile
« Reply #3516 on: December 06, 2013, 11:05:11 AM »
@ trouble, it isn't solid pink...

I noticed that with the close-ups.   :D

I like how you re-wear your outfits and add something else to make it different.   ;D  I do that all the time.   ;)

Offline SummerBerry

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +203
    • View Profile
« Reply #3517 on: December 06, 2013, 11:58:18 AM »

left:  JCrew blazer, AT shell, Levi's skinnies, Burberry scarf, NW boots, Coach watch, Macy's earrings/bracelets/necklace
right:

You're always scoring nice boots, heels, etc.  I have small feet and hate it for a reason because it's the only thing preventing me from dressing up.  I've been looking for boots online for days and still can't find one that will fit fine.  I'm willing to spend $100 and under for a pair but if I can't tried it first then I don't want to be disappointed when ordering online either.  Size 4 is better fit for me but 5 will work only for riding boots.  I like your style and co one but not sure about ordering one similar because the shaft or calves area is where I'm more concerned. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3518 on: December 06, 2013, 12:00:00 PM »
Pet, I want to see more of your outfits.  Keep sharing them.

LadyLionness

« Reply #3519 on: December 06, 2013, 12:02:04 PM »
Pinkie,

That leather jacket looks great on you.  It is ox blood color?  I have been thinking that I might get a leather jacket in that color too.  Haven't quite decided yet.  I am thinking about a Navy blue one too.

Try it with dresses too... and skirts too.  I am thinking that I really love the look of leather jackets with pencil skirts.  It's sexy, but contained.

Missterious

« Reply #3520 on: December 06, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
@ pinkie, look here... to demonstrate to you all that i won't survive more than a week in this thread due to... a lack of an extensive wardrobe...

monday's attire...

tuesday's attire...

wednesday's attire

thursday and friday's attire...

i realize most of you are probably thinking... "petro, alls you did was you took a series of pics piecing today's attire last night..."

well, i'll have you all know... my co-workers notice the difference... that's all that matters to me... ;D

Dag tiag!  :D  My husband wears the same clothes every week too. His boss has already asked him why he wears the same jeans every Friday and that his shoe is wearing out. Lol Embarrassing.

Offline lilly

• Sr. Poster
  • Be happy!
  • Respect: +524
    • View Profile
« Reply #3521 on: December 06, 2013, 05:41:31 PM »
My husband wears the same clothes every week too. His boss has already asked him why he wears the same jeans every Friday and that his shoe is wearing out. Lol Embarrassing.

LOL!!!  I am with Petro.  I don't have a lot of clothes.  Most of my clothes are jeans and solid colored shirts.  I used to look so scruffy.  Wait, I still look that way.   ;D  Anyway, I was given a lot of dirty looks at work... so that forced me to evaluate my wardrobe more.  I bought two pencil skirts and some blouses.  Now people see me and they give me all sorts of compliments.  Like, "Are you applying for a job?"  "Why are you so dressed up?!"  "Gee, you look nice today."  I guess they are all giving me hints that I looked gross before and for me to continue dressing up.   LOL.  But hey, when you work in IT, trust me, you do not want to be crawling under people's desks in a suit.  It's very uncomfortable and you ruin your clothes.   :P 

LadyLionness

« Reply #3522 on: December 08, 2013, 09:06:37 PM »
I hear you, Lilly.  Would love to see your before and after... A lot of technology places are now going more casual... so I totally get where  you are coming from.

BuckFuddies2

« Reply #3523 on: December 08, 2013, 10:02:36 PM »
LOL!!!  I am with Petro.  I don't have a lot of clothes.  Most of my clothes are jeans and solid colored shirts.  I used to look so scruffy.  Wait, I still look that way.   ;D  Anyway, I was given a lot of dirty looks at work... so that forced me to evaluate my wardrobe more.  I bought two pencil skirts and some blouses.  Now people see me and they give me all sorts of compliments.  Like, "Are you applying for a job?"  "Why are you so dressed up?!"  "Gee, you look nice today."  I guess they are all giving me hints that I looked gross before and for me to continue dressing up.   LOL.  But hey, when you work in IT, trust me, you do not want to be crawling under people's desks in a suit.  It's very uncomfortable and you ruin your clothes.   :P

:o :o :o :o............. ..........  :)

LadyLionness

« Reply #3524 on: December 09, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »
Pinkie, love your monday outfit.  I am going try
 that look with boots too.

Advertisements