Advertisement

Author Topic: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....  (Read 422336 times)

Ajax616

Re: On my exciting and amazing journey to the stars.....
« Reply #3000 on: December 21, 2016, 09:42:51 PM »
Everything can be taken from a man but one thing: the last of the human freedoms—to choose one’s attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one’s own way.

When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.

Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.

Viktor Frankl

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Ajax616

« Reply #3001 on: December 21, 2016, 09:45:13 PM »
Quotes from Man's Search for Meaning

1. "Everything can be taken from a man but one thing; the last of the human freedoms — to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way."

2. “At such a moment, it is not the physical pain which hurts the most (and this applies to adults as much as to punished children); it is the mental agony caused by the injustice, the unreasonablene ss of it all.”

3. "Don't aim at success — the more you aim at it and make it a target, the more you are going to miss it. For success, like happiness, cannot be pursued; it must ensue, and it only does so as the unintended side-effect of one's personal dedication to a cause greater than oneself or as the by-product of one's surrender to a person other than oneself. Happiness must happen, and the same holds for success: you have to let it happen by not caring about it. I want you to listen to what your conscience commands you to do and go on to carry it out to the best of your knowledge. Then you will live to see that in the long run — in the long run, I say — success will follow you precisely because you had forgotten to think of it."

4. “In some way, suffering ceases to be suffering at the moment it finds a meaning, such as the meaning of a sacrifice.”

5. “When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.”

6. “But there was no need to be ashamed of tears, for tears bore witness that a man had the greatest of courage, the courage to suffer.”

7. “Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”

8. “It is well known that humor, more than anything else in the human make-up, can afford an aloofness and an ability to rise above any situation, even if only for a few seconds.”

9. “Man’s main concern is not to gain pleasure or to avoid pain but rather to see a meaning in his life.”

10. “Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!”

11. “The more one forgets himself — by giving himself to a cause to serve or another person to love — the more human he is and the more he actualizes himself. What is called self-actualization is not an attainable aim at all, for the simple reason that the more one would strive for it, the more he would miss it. In other words, self-actualization is possible only as a side-effect of self-transcendence.”

12. “Man’s search for meaning may arouse inner tension rather than inner equilibrium. However, precisely such tension is an indispensable prerequisite of mental health. There is nothing in the world, I venture to say, that so effectively helps one to survive even the worse conditions as the knowledge that there is a meaning in one’s life.”

13. "The way in which a man accepts his fate and all the suffering it entails, the way in which he takes up his cross, gives him ample opportunity — even under the most difficult circumstances — to add a deeper meaning to his life. It may remain brave, dignified and unselfish. Or in the bitter fight for self-preservation he may forget his human dignity and become no more than an animal. Here lies the chance for a man either to make use of or to forgo the opportunities of attaining the moral values that a difficult situation may afford him. And this decides whether he is worthy of his sufferings or not."

14. “He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.” — Nietzsche

15. “Man does not simply exist but always decides what his existence will be, what he will become in the next moment.”

16. "...the story of the young woman whose death I witnessed in a concentration camp. It is a simple story. There is little to tell and it may sound as if I had invented it; but to me it seems like a poem. This young woman knew that she would die in the next few days. But when I talked to her she was cheerful in spite of this knowledge. 'I am grateful that fate has hit me so hard,' she told me. 'In my former life I was spoiled and did not take spiritual accomplishment s seriously.' Pointing through the window of the hut, she said, 'This tree here is the only friend I have in my loneliness.' Through that window she could see just one branch of a chestnut tree, and on the branch were two blossoms. 'I often talk to this tree,' she said to me. I was startled and didn't quite know how to take her words. Was she delirious? Did she have occasional hallucinations? Anxiously I asked her if the tree replied. 'Yes.' What did it say to her? She answered, 'It said to me, I am here — I am here — I am life, eternal life.'"

17. “One should not search for an abstract meaning of life. Everyone has his own specific vocation or mission in life to carry out a concrete assignment which demands fulfillment. Therein he cannot be replaced, nor can his life be repeated. Thus, everyone’s task is as unique as is his specific opportunity to implement it.”

18. “Pleasure is, and must remain, a side-effect or by-product, and is destroyed and spoiled to the degree to which it is made a goal in itself.”

19. "Love is the only way to grasp another human being in the innermost core of his personality. No one can become fully aware of the very essence of another human being unless he loves him."

20. "A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers. The truth — that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved. In a position of utter desolation, when man cannot express himself in positive action, when his only achievement may consist in enduring his sufferings in the right way — an honorable way — in such a position man can, through loving contemplation of the image he carries of his beloved, achieve fulfillment. For the first time in my life I was able to understand the meaning of the words, 'The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.'"

Ajax616

« Reply #3002 on: December 26, 2016, 09:30:58 PM »
Invisible Gorillas and Humility

The Monkey Business Illusion

Ajax616

« Reply #3003 on: December 28, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »
SUCCESS celebrates and remembers the life of Jim Rohn with 10 of his most beloved quotes:
1. “Don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
2. “The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; be kind, but not weak; be bold, but not a bully; be thoughtful, but not lazy; be humble, but not timid; be proud, but not arrogant; have humor, but without folly.”
3. “We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret.”
4. “Days are expensive. When you spend a day you have one less day to spend. So make sure you spend each one wisely.”
5. “Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishment .”
6. “If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary.”
7. “Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.”
8. “Success is nothing more than a few simple disciplines, practiced every day.”
9. “Don’t join an easy crowd; you won’t grow. Go where the expectations and the demands to perform are high.”
10. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.”

Ajax616

« Reply #3004 on: December 29, 2016, 07:38:48 PM »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Wayne

Ronald Wayne....misse d out on the ride of a lifetime, because he sold it away for $800.00.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:06:42 AM by Ajax616 »

Ajax616

« Reply #3005 on: January 02, 2017, 07:08:49 AM »
To my very beautiful ex-wife,

I am sorry for being a deceiving artist on our dying days.  I am learning to be a better person by taking the fight to a lot less than it should or not fighting at all, but letting others win to be the bigger person.  You were the most beautiful woman that I ever met and that is why I was so hurt.  Breaking free from us made me realize that I have many questions that needed answering.  I needed to answer questions regarding my purpose here and even questions as how to give my best to our very wonderful and talented kids.  I am finding some peace and I hope you are too.  I am sorry that our journey was cut so much shorter than I had wanted to in the beginning.  Perhaps we had unfinished business from another time and that was it.  Again, I am sorry I couldn't honestly handle your dying days well and I hurt you in return.  Please have an awesome journey.

I final realized why you left.  You left, because you wanted to visit Oz, like of all us.  Even though the Wizard is fake, everyone needed to make that journey to realize it.

Ajax616

« Reply #3006 on: January 02, 2017, 05:21:04 PM »
Science is organized knowledge. Wisdom is organized life.

Morality is not properly the doctrine of how we may make ourselves happy, but how we may make ourselves worthy of happiness.

Live your life as though your every act were to become a universal law.

- Immanuel Kant

Ajax616

« Reply #3007 on: January 02, 2017, 05:22:31 PM »
Sorry for your loss. I'm sure she's in a better place.  Nobody can ever replace her, Ajax616!

She's not, but now she knows and isn't curious anymore.   ;D

Ajax616

« Reply #3008 on: January 02, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »
Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and moral law within me. – Immanuel Kant

Ajax616

« Reply #3009 on: January 02, 2017, 08:09:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZtQXteAE-w

Immanuel Kant

Philosophy and Metaphysical

'Critique of Pure Reason'

Ajax616

« Reply #3010 on: January 02, 2017, 09:14:31 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15OI3Ns7Z-M

Immanuel Kant

The moral law within

Ajax616

Ajax616

« Reply #3012 on: January 03, 2017, 05:14:39 AM »
"It is not necessary that whilst I live I live happily; but it is necessary that so long as I live I should live honourably."

Immanuel Kant

All that dept of thinking and you did not find that true happiness and peace are the same thing.

Ajax616

« Reply #3013 on: January 03, 2017, 05:05:33 PM »
- Savitribai Phule

Go, Get Education

Be self-reliant, be industrious

Work, gather wisdom and riches,

All gets lost without knowledge

We become animal without wisdom,

Sit idle no more, go, get education

End misery of the oppressed and forsaken,

You’ve got a golden chance to learn

So learn and break the chains of caste.

Throw away the Brahman’s scriptures fast.

Ajax616

« Reply #3014 on: January 03, 2017, 10:27:54 PM »
Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.

For it is in giving that we receive.

Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words.

- Saint Francis of Assissi

Advertisements