Advertisement

Author Topic: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.  (Read 133971 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Bible Study - Class meets on Thursday from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM CST.
« Reply #150 on: January 19, 2012, 01:00:12 PM »
Mark 5:1, 2
Although we cannot be sure why demons possession occurs, we know tht unclean spirits use the body to distort  and destroy man's realtionship with God and likeness to him.  Even today, demons are dangerous, power, and destrictive.  While it is important to recognize their evil activity so we can stay away from them, w must avoid any curiousity about or involvement with demonic dorces or the occult.  If we resist the Devil and his influcences, he will flee from us.

I have two stories to tell relating to this.  Will be back to do so later.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #151 on: January 19, 2012, 11:31:21 PM »
Dear Lord,

I come before you tonight to intercede on behalf a good friend.  I don't know what will happen tomorrow, but she needs your presence and your comfort to give her strength and courage to face her ordeal tomorrow.  Lord you promised that in our weakest point is when your strength shines through.  Father, I ask for your love, wisdom, and strength to be with my friend tonight and all day tomorrow.  Lord, you are King of kings and Lord of lords... I ask that you touch my friend's life and let her know that you love her ... and that she is one of your child.  Lord, I ask that you bring her to you and comfort her, give her your peace and your love... and peace that is beyond all understanding and a love that is all encompassing.  Lord, you have filled my cup brimming with love, I pray that you fill her cup too.  Father, I don't know what she needs the most, but you do.

Lord, I love you with all my heart, my soul, and my mind... teach me to love others as you love them.  All this I pray in the name of my Lord and Savior, Christ Jesus.

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #152 on: January 20, 2012, 01:18:50 PM »
Thank you, LL & the Biblt study friends.

BoyRescue

« Reply #153 on: January 24, 2012, 05:26:26 PM »
Prior to Mark 5:1-20 we need to look at Mark 4:35-41.

35And the same day, when the even was come, he saith unto them, Let us pass over unto the other side.  36And when they had sent away the multitude, they took him even as he was in the ship. And there were also with him other little ships.  37And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full.  

The disciples and Jesus were on a ship trying to cross to the other side, but a storm came up.  There were other little ships in the same area too, but ironically the storm only came up against their ship.  What's the difference?  One ship had Jesus dwelling within them and the other ships didn't.  

Sometimes as believer we ask ourselves, "Why do some non-believers face less struggle than those who are believers?"  As believers, we face more struggles in our journey of life because of who is living within us - Jesus.  And isn't it just a coincidence that we most often face storms the most is when we or someone is in need of a miracle, a word, or a defining moment in their life.  Yet, let me remind you.  Do not be troubled!  The greater the struggle the greater the blessing and the greater the suffering the greater the victory!  Our blessings always outweighs the struggle by a long shot.  O0

38And he was in the hinder part of the ship, asleep on a pillow: and they awake him, and say unto him, Master, carest thou not that we perish?  39And he arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm.  40And he said unto them, Why are ye so fearful? how is it that ye have no faith?

Sometimes when we as the vessel (ship) can't withstand the struggle (storm) we become fearful.  Jesus indicated this by asking them, "Why are ye so fearful? How is it that ye have no faith?"  Fear is the destructive instrument of faith.  Fear makes us abandon all hope in faith.  Yet, Jesus was saying fear not!  Because I dwell within you (hinder part) - the author and finisher of your faith!  When you lack faith, pray!  Stir yourselves up! Awaken Me within you!  Only then will I calm your storms!  For without faith it is impossible to please God (Heb 11:6).  O0

Now to recap the biblical story.  The disciples and Jesus were on a boat to pass over to the other side, but were troubled by a storm.  Until Jesus rebuked and calmed the storm.  Now you have to ask yourselves this question, "Why was it so important to Satan that he wanted to stop the disciples and Jesus from arriving at their destination?"  This leads us into Mark 5:1-20.

1And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.

Gadarenes was a Gentile occupied country.  In Mark 5:12-14 it speaks of swine (pigs).  In Israel, they don't raise pigs because it was considered an unclean animal to eat according the Laws of Moses (Deut 14:8 ).  It was a pagan country worshiping other idols with other religions.  In other words, the country was one of Satan's kingdom.  Every strong kingdom is surrounded by huge, massive, and tall strongholds or stonewalls to protect their territory, people, and their belongings.  Israel was one of the many nations that had built strongholds surrounding it's city.  Just as there are strongholds set up on earthly kingdoms, there are also exists strongholds for spiritual kingdoms (Ephesians 6:12).  I believe the storm that Jesus and the disciples encountered was a stronghold to one of Satan's kingdom and when Jesus rebuked it, He was able to enter into the kingdom of Satan.  This was a spiritual breakthrough!  Never in the history of mankind has this happened before!  A stronghold being rebuked not with the works of flesh, but the works of faith!

2And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,

In Matthew 4:16 (ESV), it gives an excellent description of what the man with the unclean spirit encountered in that moment.

“16 the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light, and for those dwelling in the region and shadow of death, on them a light has dawned.”

This explains the type of immediate response the unclean spirit took when Jesus arrived on the country of Gadarenes.  At the horizon there was a great light that dawned upon the region of darkness.  Immediately, the unclean spirit took notice.  There was a shift and change in the heavenly realms.  It mesmerized him for a moment.  Magnetizing and luring him closer to that burst of light.  As he drew foot by foot and inch by inch, he saw a man full flesh and full divine.  He saw Jesus!  The Son of the Most High God!  When he came into the presence of Jesus he was mystified and confused.  He fell on his knees in front of Jesus and shouted, "What do you want with me, Jesus, Son of the Most High God?"  For a moment he was dazed and unaware of the times.  He thought for a split second until it finally hit him.  This must be it!  It is time!  The Son of the Most High God is here!  The thoughts of the agony fluttered his mind!  The pain!  The suffering! The TORTURE for all eternity!!  Finally, he shouted in great fear, "In God’s name don’t torture me!"

To Be Continued.... O0

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 10:24:03 AM by BoyRescue »

BoyRescue

« Reply #154 on: January 26, 2012, 12:00:07 PM »
Father God thank you for this valueable time that You have set aside for us this week.
Father God, we invite the presence of your Holy Spirit to be with us.
To work in and through us without any hesitation or limitation.
And for the Spirit to open our eyes so we may see.
And to open our ears so we may hear.
Settle our thoughts and emotions.
Give us peace and comfort as we prepare for this discussion.
Father God, reveal to us the purpose of you Word today.
And let that word be implanted within our spirit.
Let your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Father God, I rebuke and arrest any impure spirit in the mighty name of Jesus!
I bind every spirit and pray that every hindrance be bound in the mighty name of Jesus!
That every blessing and perfect gift be given to your children in the mighty name of Jesus!
And finally Father God give us the wisdom of Solomon and the heart of David to receive your precious word for today.
In Jesus name, I pray.

AMEN!

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #155 on: January 26, 2012, 12:03:49 PM »
Amen!

BoyRescue

« Reply #156 on: January 26, 2012, 12:14:32 PM »
Any questions from last week or prior weeks discussion anyone?

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #157 on: January 26, 2012, 12:15:22 PM »
I really like this translation.  

Mark 6:1-6 Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown.  
2 The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?"
3 Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
4. Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family."
5.  And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
6.  And he was amazed at their unbelief. Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people.  

-New Living Translation (2007)  http://bible.cc/mark/6-6.htm

« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 12:20:17 PM by Super Wind »

BoyRescue

« Reply #158 on: January 26, 2012, 12:45:02 PM »
I really like this translation.  Could you shed some light, Boyrescue?  

Mark 6:1-6 Jesus left that part of the country and returned with his disciples to Nazareth, his hometown.  
2 The next Sabbath he began teaching in the synagogue, and many who heard him were amazed. They asked, "Where did he get all this wisdom and the power to perform such miracles?"
3 Then they scoffed, "He's just a carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon. And his sisters live right here among us." They were deeply offended and refused to believe in him.
4. Then Jesus told them, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family."
5.  And because of their unbelief, he couldn't do any miracles among them except to place his hands on a few sick people and heal them.
6.  And he was amazed at their unbelief. Then Jesus went from village to village, teaching the people.  

-New Living Translation (2007)  http://bible.cc/mark/6-6.htm

Absolutely!

Scoffing is a faith killer.  When Jesus was in the synagogue preaching and performing miracles those who scoffed Jesus were basically indicating that he was an imposter.  A false prophet.  They continued to say that they knew him because he was a man from an family lineage not well known and a village of unimportance.  They were offended because they thought, "How could this man who lived amongst us try to lie to us who he really is? He can't fool us!"

In verse 4 it says, "A prophet is honored everywhere except in his own hometown and among his relatives and his own family." Interestingly enough, when people already know you they already have an opinion formulated about you and anything beyond what they already know they cannot accept.

Sorry, not able to finish the rest.  But that's part of it!  O0

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #159 on: January 26, 2012, 12:51:47 PM »
Wonderful, Boyrescue.  Thank you. 

Many of us can relate to Jesus' experience in this paragraph. 

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #160 on: January 26, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
Sorry, I've to get somewhere so I'm going to close early with prayer. 

Thank you Lord for your wisdom.  Thank you for this gathering to learn about your words.  I pray that many as of us continue on with our daily lives, You will humble us and give us guidance to incorporate your words in our lives.  And Lord, use us to do your work in others; use us to be a blessing to others.  Lord I praise you for the blessings and wonderful works in our lives.  

I pray in Your precious name,

Amen.

LadyLionness

« Reply #161 on: January 26, 2012, 02:16:15 PM »
Thank you to all who joined today.  May God continue to walk with each of you and lead you in your study of his Words.  

Same place, same time next week.  In the meantime, keep the discussion going.  We can talk about anything in Mark up to this point.

Have a wonderful week.  A special thank you to BoyRescue and Wind.

LadyL

« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 12:28:28 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #162 on: February 02, 2012, 09:56:31 AM »
February 2, 2012 recap:

Last week (1/26/2010) was on Mark 9, 10, 11.

Today will be on Mark 12, 13, and 14.

Next week (2/9/2012), we will be reading Mark 15 and 16.  

I am thinking that it would be nice to schedule a conference call on Thursday evening to discuss the book of Mark.  If you guys are ok with it, I will pm the private conference number and passcode to you.  Please don't share with others outside of our group.  I would like to keep this for ministry purposes only.  If you are interested, please let me know what time on Thursday will be good for you.  I can't do it until after 6:00 PM CST... anytime after that is fine with me.

If there are anyone else that is currently NOT on my PM list that would like to be added on, let me know so you can get the updates and the conference number if we choose to go that route.  I would like to reserve this for the end of each book or upon request only.

Last thought... discussion is to go on all week long... Mark 12, 13, and 14... until Wednesday of next week.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:09:14 AM by LadyLionness »

WindComeWindBlow

« Reply #163 on: February 02, 2012, 10:44:28 AM »
Will we be doing the Thursday noon Bible Study and conference call?

LadyLionness

« Reply #164 on: February 02, 2012, 10:46:34 AM »
Will we be doing the Thursday noon Bible Study and conference call?

Regular Thursday noon online is always on.  But I was thinking that at the end of each book, we could schedule an evening conference call to discuss freely.  If you guys don't mind, I might have it recorded and include the minutes on here.  Thinking about using the same line we used the other night.

Advertisements