Advertisement

Author Topic: how am i suppose to love this world when everyone is a selfish ****?  (Read 5962 times)

supadupac

it's hard to do.. do you guys find yourselves feeling the same way? everyone is a ducking jerk, in everyone's ducking head their problems are the number one thing and so they shouldnt care about anything else or about how anyone else feels.. Everyone revolves around them selves, that they are the center of the ducking universe..

Yeah, sure you can have your days where you just want to not give a duck about anything else and sure, some days you'll wake up (like me today) and just not care anymore.. but why ducking be an ass hole about it? maybe someone is suffering more then you and you dont need to blame them for being slow in the line at target or you dont have to take out your frustration of your ducking boring ass life on someone who is living trying to live the best they can..You know ducking shit, seriously.. maybe that kid bought that jacket in order to be accepted cause his ducking family is below the poverty line and just like you and me, we all want to beducking liked.. so ducking talk to him and complement how he is loved.. dont ducking stare and make fun of his M&M jacket.. god wat the duck.. seriously..

im so0o0o0o tired of it.. so0o ducking woke up on the wrong side of the bed today..

Learn the ducking think, a bachelor degree, a PH.D can not ducking show how smart you are because you are not choosing the way to think, you ekks through life ducking being an ass hole to everyone.. so learn to chose what to think about or youll gonna be a ducking ass hole prick who actually deserves to ducking get their assed kicked..

learning how to think really means learning how to exercise some control over how and what you think. It means being conscious and aware enough to choose what you pay attention to and to choose how you construct meaning from experience. Because if you cannot exercise this kind of choice in adult life, you will be totally hosed. Think of the old cliché about "the mind being an excellent servant but a terrible master".

The really important kind of freedom involves attention and awareness and discipline, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them over and over in myriad petty, unsexy ways every day.

That is real freedom. That is being educated, and understanding how to think. The alternative is unconsciousnes s, the default setting, the rat race, the constant gnawing sense of having had, and lost, some infinite thing.

im gonna be like david foster wallace, basically was so depressed that the world was this way he killed himself.. goshhhhh i hate this worlddd.. how do you love such a cold and ducked up place? *sigh

"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need, but not every man's greed" - gandhi

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

MSV

Re: how am i suppose to love this world when everyone is a selfish ****?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 10:01:46 AM »
You look like you need a hug.

The world is what we make of it. It's not so bad...if you gravitate yourself towards all the good.

couchpotato

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 10:16:04 AM »
Everyone is just trying to make their way through life.

Some are more successful at it than others.

Those who put others down are simply miserable beings and are likely unhappy with themselves. To mask it, they put others down so that they can feel better about themselves. It doesn't excuse their behavior, but you can't help but pity them.

supadupac

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:01 AM »
i guess venting helped me quite a bit.. lol.. but yeah.. having to reinvent the faith in humanity can take a lot out of you.. especially when the leaders you see on tv are corrupted like Romney, lol.. i just called him out.. but seriously he could careless about America i believe..

Syria, ducking Syria.. it breaks my heart..

Iran, ducking Iran, it breaks my soul

Isreal, ducking Isreal, it makes me think everyone is retarded

ducking North Korea, arrogant and ignorant place

America, the most addictive state to a dogma represented by false values and lies

Europe, a place that can never ever seem to run correctly..

South america, a drug infested poverty fed area

Africa, a war land never to have rid it's river of blood and tears

China, a developing country that's finally letting it's people become more greedy

Pakistan, where they throw acid in their wives face when the men are opposed

Afghanistan, where kids die in the winter of being unloved

Canada, a friend who can't do anything but watch the world die young

I can go on.. :( ..

Calypso

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 03:56:09 PM »
Supa, a Howard Zinn quote to maybe help u out:

“To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.

What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something.

If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.

And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.”

non dormis

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 04:07:29 PM »
sup, you think too much. but here is a story, hope it helps.

a famer goes out into the fields one day and sees a bird on its back with his legs up in the air. the famer ask "bird, what the hell are you doing?"

the bird replies. "i was told the sky is going to fall today."

the famer laughs. "and you think with your little bird legs you are going to stop the sky from falling?"

the bird then replies "one does what they can."

the end.

Calypso

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2012, 04:12:44 PM »
sup, you think too much. but here is a story, hope it helps.

a famer goes out into the fields one day and sees a bird on its back with his legs up in the air. the famer ask "bird, what the hell are you doing?"

the bird replies. "i was told the sky is going to fall today."

the famer laughs. "and you think with your little bird legs you are going to stop the sky from falling?"

the bird then replies "one does what they can."

the end.

U just pretty much copied the Zinn quote I posted but u made it into a children's story. Way to go.

non dormis

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2012, 04:37:43 PM »
that's not true because Zinn does not write Children's stories.

non dormis

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2012, 05:03:55 PM »
no, we're trying to cheer up sup. because even with all the horrible things in the world, the small good deeds we often fail to see makes it all worthwhile. La Roux rocks btw.

here is another story. a real life superhero. Spiderman.
A Thai firefighter dressed as Spider-Man to rescue an autistic boy who climbed onto a third-floor balcony and dangled his legs over the side because he was nervous on his first day of school.

Firefighter Somchai Yoosabai was called in after the 11-year-old boy's teachers and mother failed to coax him off the ledge on Monday, he said in a telephone interview Wednesday.

"He was nervous about the first day at school, and he was asking for his mother," Somchai said. "He cried and refused to let any of us get close to him."

Overhearing a conversation between the boy's mother and his teachers about his love for comics and superheroes, Somchai rushed back to the fire station to change into a Spider-Man costume before swinging into action.

"I told him Spider-Man is here to save you. No monster will hurt you now," Somchai said. "Then I told him to walk slowly toward me. I was very nervous that he might have slipped if he got too excited and ran."

Somchai, who keeps costume of Spider-Man and a Japanese superhero Ultraman to liven up fire drills at schools, said the teary-eyed boy broke into a smile and started walking into his arms.

The fictional hero was created by comic-writer Stan Lee in the early 1960s. The character regained its popularity in recent years thanks to the trilogy of Hollywood films starring Tobey McGuire and Kirsten Dunst.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29875894/ns/world_news-wonderful_world/t/fireman-dresses-spider-man-rescue-boy/#.T0QhYHm_n3E

Calypso

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2012, 05:52:07 PM »
that's not true because Zinn does not write Children's stories.

Of course he doesn't! But u do. Good job.

non dormis

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2012, 06:18:33 PM »
actually i did not write that story. i wish i did but sadly no. but if i could write childrens book though i would try to do so like Maurice Sendak or shel silverstien. just saying.

supadupac

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2012, 06:57:34 AM »
Supa, a Howard Zinn quote to maybe help u out:

“To be hopeful in bad times is not just foolishly romantic. It is based on the fact that human history is a history not only of cruelty, but also of compassion, sacrifice, courage, kindness.

What we choose to emphasize in this complex history will determine our lives. If we see only the worst, it destroys our capacity to do something.

If we remember those times and places—and there are so many—where people have behaved magnificently, this gives us the energy to act, and at least the possibility of sending this spinning top of a world in a different direction.

And if we do act, in however small a way, we don’t have to wait for some grand utopian future. The future is an infinite succession of presents, and to live now as we think human beings should live, in defiance of all that is bad around us, is itself a marvelous victory.”

wow, seriously? lol jk, thanks! i appricate it, that's going in my scriptures haha

^lol

Are we killing his personal journal here?

I'll like to make a contribution as well.

Enjoy, superdude!

are u stating skrillex is insane? lol jk jk.. ill go look at the lyrics for this song..

no, we're trying to cheer up sup. because even with all the horrible things in the world, the small good deeds we often fail to see makes it all worthwhile. La Roux rocks btw.

here is another story. a real life superhero. Spiderman.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29875894/ns/world_news-wonderful_world/t/fireman-dresses-spider-man-rescue-boy/#.T0QhYHm_n3E

that's super sweet.. i know a autistic and it's extremely difficult to keep an eye on them :/ but im glad everyone is taking care of eachother

sunsets

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2012, 10:22:24 AM »
Supa, why contribute to the selfishness that already exist?  :P

Love regardless I say, and don't let the negative attitudes get to you....must they love in order for you to do the same as well?

I think koj xav ntau dhau lawm os.  ;D

supadupac

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2012, 07:53:44 AM »
Supa, why contribute to the selfishness that already exist?  :P

Love regardless I say, and don't let the negative attitudes get to you....must they love in order for you to do the same as well?

I think koj xav ntau dhau lawm os.  ;D

only i would wish to know how to read hmong better :( ..  Lol.. i think im gonna channel more stuff through my journal here.. but i want to say it in rhymes LOL is that bad?

yajmafia

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2012, 07:57:46 AM »
damn son.  you aite?

Advertisements