Advertisement

Author Topic: phone internet question?????  (Read 4292 times)

1luv

phone internet question?????
« on: October 01, 2012, 07:23:15 AM »
If I have Unlimited data plan but cap at 2GB n I go over, will I be charge?   

It would slow down after the cap is up right?  Silly me asking u cuz I do not want to call csr as they might want to try to upsell me something useless. 

Thanks yall

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

yajmafia

Re: phone internet question?????
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2012, 07:43:49 AM »
Hella fail bro!

Its not unlimited if there is a DATA CAP!

LOL!  I believe they charge you for every MB you go over.

1luv

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:06 AM »
Hella fail bro!

Its not unlimited if there is a DATA CAP!

LOL!  I believe they charge you for every MB you go over.

I Hope you are wrong. 

I just don't know how I used up 2GB of data for this month on Ph alone.

Must be a new record to me.

yajmafia

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 07:48:51 AM »
I Hope you are wrong. 

I just don't know how I used up 2GB of data for this month on Ph alone.

Must be a new record to me.

LMAO!  Bro, I'm not wrong. LOL.

What carrier are you using?

yajmafia

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:01 AM »
Chatted with a Verizon Rep (thats who I'm with.)

They charge $15/GB.

1luv

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 07:54:53 AM »
LMAO!  Bro, I'm not wrong. LOL.

What carrier are you using?

I'm wth tmo

They said Unlimited data for one price plan so I took it.  Not the best of coverage though

yajmafia

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:56:14 AM »
Of all the places, you go to Tmo.  SMH. LOL!

yajmafia

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »
I'm wth tmo

They said Unlimited data for one price plan so I took it.  Not the best of coverage though

Just looked at Tmo's website.

No charges.  It'll be slow for the rest of your billing cycle if you go over.

f.u.too

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:13 AM »
If I have Unlimited data plan but cap at 2GB n I go over, will I be charge?   

It would slow down after the cap is up right?  Silly me asking u cuz I do not want to call csr as they might want to try to upsell me something useless. 

Thanks yall

You will be fine. I have t-mobile too. They will slow you down. not sure about the 2GB part. I use mine all the time. I even use it for mobile hotspot for my laptop. They wont charge you extra, but you might recieve an email/text trying to upsell you into one of there mobile hotspot plan.
Verizon, Att have cap on their data plan which they will charge you for going over.
As of right now Sprint and T-moblie are still the only two carrier who have unlimted data. I know they will slow you down, but at least you wont be charge extra for going over.

f.u.too

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2012, 09:56:28 AM »
Chatted with a Verizon Rep (thats who I'm with.)

They charge $15/GB.

Verizon use to be unlimted data, now they are following ATT footstep. Charge you for a plan and if you go over you get charge more.
Verizon had one of the best service when i was with them, but i could'nt afford to cough up money for going over didnt fell like monitoring my usage every month just to make sure i'm not gonna go over.

yajmafia

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2012, 10:07:08 AM »
Verizon use to be unlimted data, now they are following ATT footstep. Charge you for a plan and if you go over you get charge more.
Verizon had one of the best service when i was with them, but i could'nt afford to cough up money for going over didnt fell like monitoring my usage every month just to make sure i'm not gonna go over.

Actually, I do have the unlimited plan for Verizon.  I had it before they decided to put the cap on so I'm "grandfathered" in.  I have the true unlimited.  I use about 3 GB a month.

1luv

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »
Thanks guys. 

I was about to call my lawyers n go wth a law suit if they be selling me an Unlimited but is limited.

tmo used to get people to buy data when they start charging for using your home wifi.  Many of us went after them so they gave us credit for charging us unexpected. 

If I am in the clear then the show must go on.  They did txted me n let be know that I'm reaching my limited and wanted to see if I wanted to buy more data space.  The nerve of them. 

yajmafia

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:22 AM »
If you look closely at their posters and stuff around the mall and such, it says Unlimited.. and in fine writing on the bottom, once you hit your cap, your speeds go down to 2G.  Pretty dumb if you ask me.

f.u.too

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
If you look closely at their posters and stuff around the mall and such, it says Unlimited.. and in fine writing on the bottom, once you hit your cap, your speeds go down to 2G.  Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Dumb or not, it still beat having to paid for overage. Your one of the few lucky one who still have the verizon unlimted data plan, wish i would of just stuck with verizon too. T-mobile coverage is ok if you stay within city limit.

yajmafia

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2012, 12:27:00 PM »
Dumb or not, it still beat having to paid for overage. Your one of the few lucky one who still have the verizon unlimted data plan, wish i would of just stuck with verizon too. T-mobile coverage is ok if you stay within city limit.

Yeah, super lucky, BUT, I heard they they are getting ride of the unlimited for those of us that were grandfathered in.. so we'll see what happens.

Advertisements