Advertisement

Author Topic: Pseudo-Single Life  (Read 14833 times)

LadyLionness

Re: Pseudo-Single Life
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 11:24:02 AM »
As I was walking through St. Louis Airport, I saw the cutest and most unique Christmas display.

I was trying to get a picture of me with it.  No luck. 

Before I left for the trip, I had thought that it would be kind of nice to dress pretty and take some pictures.  There were a lot of people and I was not able to find a secluded place to take some pictures.  As I was waiting for the train to take me to meet up with my husband, this little area at St. Louis airport was pretty deserted so I was able to snap a few. 

Looking at the pictures now, I am not so excited about the outfit as I was at the time.  I WAS very comfortable, so that part was good.  That was the main priority.  It wasn't too bad looking, but it's boring.  I think I would try more colors next time.

Not very glamourous, right?  lol.  I feel like a woman trying to find her footing in the world again.  I guess the glamour world isn't so easy to enter or conquer.  The quest continues.

In any case, I was showing my kids the cloud pictures and had to scroll past these... my daughter said, "I have never realized mom's butt was so big."  She quickly added, "Not in a bad way, I just never paid much attention."  lol.

I am such a chicken ... even when it comes to clothing.  I don't know how some people have so much courage.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 08:56:06 PM by LadyLionness »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

LadyLionness

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 11:27:26 AM »
Since I am living the pseudo-single life, I should have some hot get-a-way trips, right?  Well, just planned a last minute get-away with one hot sexy guy that can get me all hot and heavy just listening to him talk to other people.  Destination is Atlanta, GA. 

Will take some pictures to share.  It's a 5.5 hours drive, but bus tickets are only $60 round trip, and it's only an hour longer than driving... so yeah... the trip is sexy, but the mode of transport is anything but... that's ok.  I will have more money to spend having fun.

LadyLionness

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 01:27:53 PM »
Lost my charger, so limited on battery on my camera.  Will do what I can. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 07:33:21 PM »
Yes, tomorrow after work.

LadyLionness

« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2014, 12:49:06 PM »
Adventures of a psuedo-single woman... so, I have never ridden The Dog before, but the tickets were so cheap, it would not make any sense to travel any other way.  Going up wasn’t so bad because I started out early, at 4:35 pm and would be picked up by mystery man at 12:10 am.  Coming back down was a little disconcerting as I would have a one hour and 30 minutes layover from 12:30 to 2:15 am.

I asked the guy at the counter if it would be safe during my layover.  He said that he isn’t sure as they have problems every day and that they get all sorts of people.  He said that some people who ride the dog are people who recently gotten out of prison, etc.  Being precautious, I took off all my jewelries, including my wedding rings, my diamond earrings, my diamond bracelets and even my Invitica watch. 

I wanted to look “poor” on the way back down, not that I am rich by any means... lol.  But didn’t want to look like I carry anything of worth.  Couldn’t think of anything that would make me look scruffy as I mostly have work clothes with me.  Lucky that when I first came down, I packed lots of casual clothes, so I was able to come up with a scruffy look:  dark blue skinny jeans, two black Joe Boxer t-shirts for layering, my pink sweater vest, Liz Claiborne jersey moto jacket (dark blue), and my royal blue Silent and Noise Moto jacket.  I added a black and grey scarf for warmth and my white leather gloves.  It actually kept me warm and looking like a bum... yeah!

LadyLionness

« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2014, 12:59:04 PM »
The ride up was very comfortable.  I hate flying, so I wondered why I have never done this before.  I wondered if I would look odd traveling on the dog for business trips.  I guess the downside is that it may not be very safe to dress in business suit and carry one’s laptop, etc onto the dog.

After a while, I fell asleep.  When I awoke next, we were at a smaller station.  Some people were getting off and some were getting on.  The driver told us that it would just be a quick stop so no lingering.  I went in and after refreshing myself, I saw a baskin robbins.  Well, I could not resist.  Baskin Robbins will always hold a special place in my heart.  So I bought a great big delicious white chocolate winter wonderland ice cream cone.  I hurried back onto the bus because I didn’t want to be left behind.  As the driver started driving off, someone called out from the back, “Hey, the guy sitting here has left.”  The driver went back in and looked everywhere but could not find him.  After waiting another 10 minutes, he walked from across the street.  He went to Burger King to get some food.  I cannot imagine what I would have done if I had gotten left behind there.

I slept most of the way and then we got on the last leg of the trip.  From Savannah to Atlanta was about a 2 hours and 15 minutes ride so I decided to freshen up my make up a little bit.  Must look good for mystery man.  I put on a little more than what I would normally for work.  Wanted to change my walking shoes into my knee-hi boots, but the boots were in the suitcase and the suitcase was under the bus, so I made do. 

As I got off the bus and walked out onto the sidewalk, looking for mystery man, I heard a male voice called out, “Kat!”  I looked and there he was!  In a shining white car… not quite a shining knight on a white horse, but eh… close enough.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:15:00 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2014, 01:05:47 PM »
Mystery man did not like taking pictures, so we only took a few.  Plus, this camera didn’t take very good pictures, so I basically gave up.  Will upload what I took later on.

LadyLionness

« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2014, 02:01:22 PM »
Will share in our little village, in my journal.

LadyLionness

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2014, 07:21:08 PM »
I am working today because I am taking Valentines Day off.  I am going home. 

My brain is just about dead, but I am only half way through what I needed to get done.  So I am going to keep trucking along. 

I am flying southwest, which means that I can check in two luggage for free, so I am going to to carry some fruits home.  I checked out the "rich" people's farmer's market a while ago because it was close to my work, but they don't have a lot of fruits or vegetables, certainly nothing really Asian except for a few boy choy. 

LadyLionness

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2014, 07:27:51 PM »
OK, so, even I know that I tend to not look at things along the road when I am driving and often miss stuff, but I have been living at this place for 2 months and driving this same road for a month before I finally noticed that the Farmer's Market I have been searching for is right along my daily route.  I could just hear my sister's voice, "Kat, you're such a dork."

Last weekend I finally stopped by and I was delighted to find lots of Asian fruits and vegetables... and they were a lot cheaper than the rich people's farmer market.  I was like kid in the candy store.  I bought $20's worth of groceries and could barely carry it all to the car.   I bought a lot of lemon grass because I wanted to make Sweet Tears' hot pepper.  And I did.  It was very good, but I don't have a hot pepper pounder with me, so the flavors didn't mix together too well.  It was kind of interesting because the different flavors of the pepper, garlic, and lemon grass were all very distinct and would be more pronounced as I chew on each bits.

Anyway, I am planning to stop by there tomorrow and buy some fruits and vegetables to take home with me. 

« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:29:54 PM by LadyLionness »

LadyLionness

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2014, 07:31:14 PM »
Thank you.  Kids, they are so very honest... hehehe.   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2014, 07:36:43 PM »
It's a whole house, so full kitchen and everything. 

The only time I go out to eat is if I want some sushi or raw oysters.  Otherwise, I cook all my own food.  I cook enough for two in the evening, eat half, and then pack the other half for lunch.  It has been working out well and I am actually eating really good food. 

I will try to remember to take some pictures of the farmer's market.  It's actually quite cool.

LadyLionness

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2014, 07:37:43 PM »
I asked my kids if I was sexy... they said, "Ew, mom... we can't think of you in that way."   :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

LadyLionness

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2014, 07:38:24 PM »
ST,

Your nephew is too funny.  How old is he?

LadyLionness

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
I moved in right after thanksgiving.  Some of my roomates were hot sexy men... but they are all kids... lol.

One guy... he kept calling me "ma'am."  It's a southern thing, indicating that he was well mannered and brought up well, but did it ever made me feel old.  Hehehe.

Advertisements