Advertisement

Author Topic: Worthlessness  (Read 4011 times)

Kenshin

Worthlessness
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:42:20 PM »
I feel so worthless and sad today.   It's going to be a long day.  ~sighs~

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
Re: Worthlessness
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
You may feel that way about yourself but someone else may not.  Remember that it's just a temporary feeling and that it will eventually subside.  Until then, try to have good thoughts, think of the meaningful people in your life, the things you are fortunate to have and do.  :)

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

Petal_Rose

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 01:21:24 PM »
Hey cheer up! It's friday, at least that's something to look forward to right?

Kenshin

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 02:02:51 PM »
Hey cheer up! It's friday, at least that's something to look forward to right?

It doesn't matter what day of the week it is when you are dangling in this dark tunnel.  Pls pray that I will still be in one piece after the weekend. :(

Petal_Rose

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 02:04:06 PM »
It doesn't matter what day of the week it is when you are dangling in this dark tunnel.  Pls pray that I will still be in one piece after the weekend. :(

Talk to me. I'm here to listen to you.

Kenshin

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 02:08:26 PM »
You may feel that way about yourself but someone else may not.  Remember that it's just a temporary feeling and that it will eventually subside.  Until then, try to have good thoughts, think of the meaningful people in your life, the things you are fortunate to have and do.  :)

Sometimes some people in your life can make your feel so worthless and miserable that you feel it's not even worth trying to be with them.  Time to re-think and re-focus my energy elsewhere.  But I am so deep wallowing in my own miserable worthlessness now that I can't seem to shake my head out of this funk.  I am mad and sad at the same time.   :'(

Thanks for your words of encouragement though. :)

« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 02:10:36 PM by Kenshin »

Kenshin

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2014, 02:10:01 PM »
Talk to me. I'm here to listen to you.

Where do I begin?  You don't know me.  And I you. Appreciate the kind thought and concern though. :)

Petal_Rose

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2014, 02:12:07 PM »
Where do I begin?  You don't know me.  And I you. Appreciate the kind thought and concern though. :)

That's what so great about talking to a stranger because they don't know you. You can tell them everything. My PM is open for you anytime should you ever need a friend to listen to you.  ;)

Kenshin

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 02:15:00 PM »
That's what so great about talking to a stranger because they don't know you. You can tell them everything. My PM is open for you anytime should you ever need a friend to listen to you.  ;)

Thanks for being a kind stranger with a willing ear.  I am just not ready to unleash my misery on you.  Maybe another day I will find the courage.

Petal_Rose

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 02:17:12 PM »
Thanks for being a kind stranger with a willing ear.  I am just not ready to unleash my misery on you.  Maybe another day I will find the courage.

Take your time but just know that I or many other phers are here willing to listen.

Offline tRouBLe

• Administrator
  • Welcome to PH! 😜
  • Respect: +1038
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 02:22:40 PM »
Sometimes some people in your life can make your feel so worthless and miserable that you feel it's not even worth trying to be with them.  Time to re-think and re-focus my energy elsewhere.  But I am so deep wallowing in my own miserable worthlessness now that I can't seem to shake my head out of this funk.  I am mad and sad at the same time.   :'(

Thanks for your words of encouragement though. :)

If it's the people in your life that is making you feel that way and you know they won't change, it's time to reflect on what you really want in life.  If these people are toxic to your being and peace of mind, you may need to distance yourself or get away from them.  Remember that it's you who allowed them to make you feel that way, no one can make you feel a certain way unless you let them.....once you realize this, they won't have that much power over you.  Life is too short and these types of feelings can be very draining on the mind and body.  We can listen, support, and encourage you but only you know your situation and what's best for you.

Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are. ~ John Wooden

SamyElisabeth

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 03:44:27 PM »
I understand the feelings of worthlessness and sadness. As much as we want to be strong, confident individuals within ourselves, without being overly swayed by outside opinions, the truth is that we're also social beings who rely a lot on what's being reflected at us from other people. If someone is making you feel worthless and sad, you must think about yourself, and only yourself. Do what's good for you, and no other. Lately I've been struggling with feelings of worth and depression myself. It's pretty bad but I'm hoping in a few months I'll be marginally okay again. In the meantime, doing what I need for myself is my only goal right now. Best wishes and hope you leave that dark tunnel soon.

minorcharacter

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2014, 03:56:28 PM »
Bro, grab a bottle of whiskey and rejoice.  Rurouni Kenshin: Kyoto Inferno is probably floating around out there somewhere to be watched.

Kenshin

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2014, 06:07:06 PM »
A new week comes a new beginning.  Forgive, forget, and move on.  The best is yet to come.   Thanks you all, my PH comrades.  Thanks for caring.  :)

Petal_Rose

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:13:12 PM »
Don't settle for heartaches. Instead, surround yourself in happiness so you don't feel miserable all the time.

Advertisements