Advertisement

Author Topic: Share your ideas on how the Hmong can grow business together  (Read 15972 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +454
    • View Profile
Share your ideas on how the Hmong can grow business together
« on: October 07, 2015, 03:43:07 AM »
What are the Vietnamese doing that we Hmong aren't? How can we take our people to the next level so that we aren't left in the dust as America globalizes, which is going to devastate a lot of families? I hear communities that own businesses have the most stability. What kind of businesses aren't we opening and servicing in our communities that we should?

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

FetishDream

Re: Share your ideas on how the Hmong can grow business together
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2015, 06:13:03 PM »
The viets have supports from their own people.  Start there to get support with the hmong people.  IT is just sad that the hmong people do not support hmong businesses due to corruptions or the owner of such businesses are being diick heads who gloat about being better than your average hmong person. 

We viets are known not to invent things.  We just take an existing idea and making it better. 

Like this post: +1

YangSFG

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »
Maybe when our own ethnicity stops screwing each other over we can come together and move forward.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 03:40:43 AM »
The viets have supports from their own people.  Start there to get support with the hmong people.  IT is just sad that the hmong people do not support hmong businesses due to corruptions or the owner of such businesses are being diick heads who gloat about being better than your average hmong person. 

We viets are known not to invent things.  We just take an existing idea and making it better.

I've noticed that the Vietnamese are operating in the same fashion as the Chinese. They have really built up their communities by supporting the businesses. For example, most Vietnamese will prefer to shop and eat at Vietnamese establishments . They prefer the Vietnamese doctor, stationed in the same strip mall, and so on. What we have is a Vietnamese town no different then something in Vietnam. The Hmong should get stronger at building a community where we can employ our people, and offer goods and services which come in handy when our people are denied in mainstream.

However, because we've never had our own country there is just too much distrust amongst ourselves, and rightly so in many cases. For the Vietnamese, Chinese, Koreans, and Japanese, this is all just business as usual. All they did was relocate their communities from their mother countries into America. This inadvertently has really helped some entrepreneurs to go mainstream and do very well for themselves. They have established a very large market where the businesses can work well across seas as well. Since the Hmong are pretty much a lower class group in Asian countries, we can't accomplish this same type of success. Our success would have to mainly happen in America only.

But still, I believe that if there is a will there is a way. We Hmong just have to find out what that is!

I find it interesting that many successful Asian groups in America do not believe in working for someone. Their motto really isn't to go to school and then go work for someone. Many of them go to school so they can work for themselves. They really are on to something as Asians are the highest earners in America, even out-beating whites. And because many of them are known to work for themselves, this makes them better leaders in mainstream work force.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 03:43:12 AM »
Globalization is already happening and impacting the Hmong community - MILWAUKEE is hugely impacted by globalization and it is why Hmong in Milwaukee are stagnant...  Hmong MN > Hmong WI has nothing to do with Hmong MN > Hmong WI, and everything to do with the impact of globalization.  When the Healthcare sector moves to China, Africa, or Mexico, then the Hmong MN = Hmong WI. 

Anywho, I've written on this topic many times.  I'll write a short essay another time when I feel inspire to spend the hour or two...

I know you have, but when will others "get it"? I think it's great to see many Hmong become very successful in their careers. But it still seems like our success depends on who is willing to give us a job. So when will we give ourselves a job? Our success is only good for as long as someone else employs us. We need to start moving away from that. We need to be able to employ ourselves and our people.

Offline Superan

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +52
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2015, 08:00:14 AM »
I know you have, but when will others "get it"? I think it's great to see many Hmong become very successful in their careers. But it still seems like our success depends on who is willing to give us a job. So when will we give ourselves a job? Our success is only good for as long as someone else employs us. We need to start moving away from that. We need to be able to employ ourselves and our people.

I used to believe in promoting Hmong. Still do from time to time but what I noticed from hiring your own kind or promoting your own kind in a career or job position are that a) they become lazy and want thing handed to them or b) they don't think you helped them and thinks they did everything themselves. So, for me, there is no gratitude in it.
As for Hmong business, you ever been the Hmong village for example, on any given day not all those stores are open. Why waste gas and energy when you get there they aren't open. Hmong Village needs to enforce standard practice like the mall does, where all stores needs to be open and close on time.

'MELT AWAY WITH ME"

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 03:19:13 AM »
Sunkist,

It seems our attitude is the direct result of us never having had our own country. We're too used to having to utilize someone else's business. Notice how groups that have a mother country just naturally shop at their own businesses? They naturally come together to form a community. I'm sure there are those with bad attitudes but then they just go to another one of their businesses.

People with a country don't have the mentality of a "minority". They're used to being the "majority".

The Hmong still have that "we're the minority" mentality and it negatively affects our people as a whole. Why? Because as soon as we disagree with another we have that mindset: "you're not the boss, you can't enforce anything...tho se people over there are the boss."

This is true for Black people, too.

Why do we minorities do this to ourselves? I'm beginning to cringe every time I hear someone say:

"S/he is the first [insert race] person to be a [insert profession that is typically held by a white person]."

Why is our progress so dependent on how high we can climb in white society? It makes us look desperate to be part of their society when we should be building our own. White people don't necessarily throw a party whenever one of their own is the first to [insert anything] in Black, Asian, or Hispanic society. But we're the ones always wanting to move into their neighborhoods (as soon as we can afford to do so) instead of just cleaning up our own.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 06:13:13 AM »
I used to believe in promoting Hmong. Still do from time to time but what I noticed from hiring your own kind or promoting your own kind in a career or job position are that a) they become lazy and want thing handed to them or b) they don't think you helped them and thinks they did everything themselves. So, for me, there is no gratitude in it.
As for Hmong business, you ever been the Hmong village for example, on any given day not all those stores are open. Why waste gas and energy when you get there they aren't open. Hmong Village needs to enforce standard practice like the mall does, where all stores needs to be open and close on time.
That's like half of the EU nation.  They tend to take long lunches...and stroll in and out of work whenever.  They laugh at American business ethics....

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

yuknowthat

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 06:24:54 AM »
Learn how to work with each other instead of screwing each other over at a professional level. Like 2 butt cheeks that comes together and be the Shiet!

r3b1rth

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
What are the Vietnamese doing that we Hmong aren't? How can we take our people to the next level so that we aren't left in the dust as America globalizes, which is going to devastate a lot of families? I hear communities that own businesses have the most stability. What kind of businesses aren't we opening and servicing in our communities that we should?

We've known about our people's problems moving forward for a long time... why do we make comments and complaints about this all the time? Because 5, 10, 20, 30 years and the mentality is still the same. We should have been super successful by now as a community but we haven't!

Truthfully we're very capable but we're so 'insecure' that we can't move forward. Other Asian people help each other and we are just as capable. It's no secret. Just start acting on what is right and I will tell you what is right.

Here's the secret. Respecting each other and help each other WITHOUT needing something in return. That's it! If you succeed, I succeed, because we both respect each other and help each other grow! If I do well, I should share it, if you do well you should do the same. It can only help our community out!

That's it. Teach the right mindset to our people. If you have a problem with it, do something about it. Or just be another face in the crowd and continue preaching to the choir.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 06:45:58 AM by r3b1rth »

TheDeviousOne

« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 03:56:29 PM »
Hmong people not blight.. and the Hmong ladies not want to do.. nails or serving the food.. so no nail or restaurant.  So no where to hiding the money. 

This wear the Vietnamese has atvantages.  They woman are willing to do the nails.  Do u think a nail shop can buying a million dollar houses? Nope.  The nail shop is way to making the money legal.. how.. from you Hmong people who betting on the sports every weeks and loosing.  Yes.. you Hmong peoples make more money for the nail salon than the nail salon making money from it customers. 

Like this post: +1

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2016, 12:53:56 AM »
We've known about our people's problems moving forward for a long time... why do we make comments and complaints about this all the time? Because 5, 10, 20, 30 years and the mentality is still the same. We should have been super successful by now as a community but we haven't!

Truthfully we're very capable but we're so 'insecure' that we can't move forward. Other Asian people help each other and we are just as capable. It's no secret. Just start acting on what is right and I will tell you what is right.

Here's the secret. Respecting each other and help each other WITHOUT needing something in return. That's it! If you succeed, I succeed, because we both respect each other and help each other grow! If I do well, I should share it, if you do well you should do the same. It can only help our community out!

That's it. Teach the right mindset to our people. If you have a problem with it, do something about it. Or just be another face in the crowd and continue preaching to the choir.

Well it seems we certainly do have people with the right mindset but why aren't they coming together? Why do we lose them to mainstream?

r3b1rth

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2016, 06:25:22 PM »
I think no one has the vision to bring it together. Maybe they try but they aren't doing it right, who knows?

When I have time I will write out more of what I think. I want to share something really powerful but I don't have time right now.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2016, 10:08:52 PM »
My idea is very simple. I just need to raise enough capital to implement it. The plan isn't complex and current Hmong business owners can already do it.

Phab Ej Dao Vue

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:17:57 PM »
I have a business and I'm Hmong. My customers aren't though and I have no issue with that. A portion of it is international and I've done business in Canada, Russia, and a few other European nations.

Why the obsession over doing business with only Hmong or only with people who look like you? I find that to be very limiting both in personal growth and also pertaining to revenue since the population overall is quite small.

Let the product or service speak for itself, regardless of race. When something is damn good, people will buy it again and again. It's nothing personal; it's just business.

You all can't even get along on PH. Get outta here about doing business together! lol =)

Advertisements