Advertisement

Author Topic: The negative impact of childcare  (Read 382 times)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
The negative impact of childcare
« on: February 21, 2024, 02:11:50 PM »
Did we really need studies to show us that childcare messes up children?

I've been getting a lot of this in my algorithm. Doctors, childcare providers, etc. are saying that prolonged childcare is damaging to the mental and emotional health of children, and children who were subjected to childcare develop attachment issues into their adult years. But more alarming is that states which support the childcare industrial complex tend to be more left-leaning. Not a surprise there. When you're raised in an institution, you are more likely going to vote for it.

First of all, imagine being a two-year-old who gets dumped off at a childcare facility. These caregivers aren't blood-related to you so they have very little interest in your entire well-being. They are only there to make sure you don't injure yourself. Even having grandma babysit you is not the same as your own biological parent. And it all depends on the competency of grandma, too. Some are too old. Some are too free-spirited and have weird friends in the home. Just ask any orphan about their existence under the care of a relative. It is just not the same. Btw, this is not a debate about deadbeat, abusive parents.

Secondly, you are plopped into an unstructured environment with a bunch of other kids who also don't have your best interest. Some may even intentionally cause you harm on a daily basis.

Thirdly, you're under institutional orders and rules all day long. You own nothing there. Whatever is available may be in subpar conditions.

None of these things are good for children who are going through important developmental stages. They need to be in their own home, in their own bed, with their own toys, being raised by their parent.

Obviously, there are legitimate situations where this can't happen. For example, if a parent dies then the stay-at-home parent will have to get a job to support the family. But folks, by all means, if you are not in a committed relationship where your family can live on a single income until the children are school-aged, then DO NOT HAVE A BABY!

And NO, abortion is not birth control. Just don't have a baby until you can care for it - at least the first 4-5 years of it's life.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
Re: The negative impact of childcare
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2024, 02:14:47 PM »
I started thinking about inner city black communities. Some of those children are never in their own home and in their own bed except for on the weekends. I was floored when I saw that there were childcare centers offering 2nd and 3rd shift daycare! If you were a school-aged black child, that could mean that you go straight to the daycare from school if your parent worked second or third shift or vice versa. 

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
  • Respect: +217
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2024, 02:15:07 PM »
yes ma'am

but its hard when you don't even support good wages
so only one spouse can just work
and the other spouse take care of the kids

you won't even support $15/hour

;D ;D ;D

God did not created man...man created god

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 02:20:27 PM »
yes ma'am

but its hard when you don't even support good wages
so only one spouse can just work
and the other spouse take care of the kids

you won't even support $15/hour

;D ;D ;D

People who don't earn a good wage shouldn't be having children.

See, there is a thing called family planning. You either stay in school in order to earn a degree in a field that pays good money. Or you can get a job and work your way up to a good paying position.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 02:21:33 PM »
People who don't earn a good wage shouldn't be having children.

See, there is a thing called family planning. You either stay in school in order to earn a degree in a field that pays good money. Or you can get a job and work your way up to a good paying position.

soo you saying poor people shouldn't have kids???

that narcissist mentality right there

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 02:24:55 PM »
I know it's difficult for you to understand because maybe your parents never taught you this. However, there used to be a time when a man did not marry unless he was in a position to provide because he knew that his wife had to stay home and raise the kids. Women also didn't give up sex freely so the men were actually ambitious to earn money. This enabled him to be a good provider, so that he could marry the woman, have sex, and also provide for his family.

Now you silly folks just have sex left and right, then pop out children you can't afford, and expect Walmart to pay you like a doctor.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2024, 02:29:55 PM »
I know it's difficult for you to understand because maybe your parents never taught you this. However, there used to be a time when a man did not marry unless he was in a position to provide because he knew that his wife had to stay home and raise the kids. Women also didn't give up sex freely so the men were actually ambitious to earn money. This enabled him to be a good provider, so that he could marry the woman, have sex, and also provide for his family.

Now you silly folks just have sex left and right, then pop out children you can't afford, and expect Walmart to pay you like a doctor.

again

1950 only one spouse work
you can have a good life and raise a family
even if you just a burger flipper

DO YOU SUPPORT GOOD WAGES??

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2024, 02:31:41 PM »
soo you saying poor people shouldn't have kids???

that narcissist mentality right there

;D ;D ;D ;D

Not if they can't care for them. We're not talking about immigrants who had a different way of life in the old country and then found themselves in America. For example, my parents didn't work a 9-5 job in Laos but their lifestyle afforded them to keep their children at their side. We're talking about singles right here in America who have options to delay having children.

First of all, if you don't even make enough for yourself, why would you even want to add another mouth?

But it's obvious you don't want to have a rational discussion.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2024, 02:34:17 PM »
again

1950 only one spouse work
you can have a good life and raise a family
even if you just a burger flipper

DO YOU SUPPORT GOOD WAGES??

Every wage is good. What wage isn't good?

You're upset because your wage doesn't support your lifestyle.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Well then, change your lifestyle.

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2024, 02:35:50 PM »
c’mon use your brain
basic common sense
they are in daycares because they both are working

duhhh

husband is probably bushing 2 job
60/hours week

;D ;D ;D

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2024, 02:41:29 PM »
When I was 15 years old, I got a summer job working at a college campus in the psychology department. I don't recall what the wage was but it was pretty decent. Pretty sure it was only minimum wage. Since I didn't pay the bills and wasn't expected to, I had way more than enough to splurge on myself. Of course I didn't spend the money like water. I saved most of it. When I tried to treat my mom to nice things, she would tell me to save it because this was one of the times that I could keep the money all to myself. It was important to save it for the future for when I would be responsible for bills and others. I'd have the rest of my adult life to pay for other things, she told me.

So you see, all wages are good. If your lifestyle doesn't match your wage then you either find another job that will OR you change your lifestyle.

I'm lucky to have been watched by my own parents, except for that one short period when my dad enrolled me in The Snoopy School. But that was for only 45 minutes a day. lol But other than that, they always worked different shifts so that one of them would be home with the kids.

« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 02:50:25 PM by Believe_N_Me »

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2024, 02:49:12 PM »
c’mon use your brain
basic common sense
they are in daycares because they both are working

duhhh

husband is probably bushing 2 job
60/hours week

;D ;D ;D

Well I know...why not just abort the baby since they're both working, right? Wow, the conversation could just stop there.  :idiot2:

Forget about how we can control our urges to do stupid things like bring forth a child whom we don't have time to care for.  ::)

And btw, daycare isn't cheap. So those couples who are working so hard, a big chunk of their paycheck just goes to childcare.  ::)

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2024, 10:18:52 PM »
Since I didn't pay the bills and wasn't expected to

unfortunately thats not how real life world works
there bills to be pay
rent/mortgage that need money etc…

unless its me living rent free in your head

;D ;D ;D

Offline hmgROCK

• Elite Poster
  • The Hmong Nostradamus
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2024, 10:22:18 PM »
Well I know...why not just abort the baby since they're both working,

!!!!WHOA!!!!

hold your horses there
did you just advocate for abortion????

this woman goes around hating abortion on PH
and now she makes a 180 degree turn

;D ;D ;D

I KNEW IT
PEOPLE CAN CHANGE

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2024, 01:08:57 PM »
!!!!WHOA!!!!

hold your horses there
did you just advocate for abortion????

this woman goes around hating abortion on PH
and now she makes a 180 degree turn

;D ;D ;D

I KNEW IT
PEOPLE CAN CHANGE

I'm pointing out your absurdity. Apparently, aborting babies is always YOUR solution.

Advertisements