Advertisement

Author Topic: Hmong Ghost Stories  (Read 1590125 times)

keng

Re: Hmong ghost stories
« Reply #3075 on: January 27, 2012, 10:04:50 AM »
When my mom was young in her early 20's. She and her older sisters are like best friend. They did everything and went every where together. My mom's sister was really good at blowing those leaf and hais kwj txiaj. Whenever they went to the garden, that's all she does. She would sing and blow those leaves. Then one day she got married. When she got married she was already beginning to get sick. After being married for a month she got really sick so the husband took her back to my mom's parents. Her health begin to detoriate by the day. She was acting strange, kind of like being possessed. They finally ua neeg for her and the shaman told my grandparents that she has been possessed by poj txooj. They said that when she went to the garden she kept on singing and blowing those leaves so nwb mus deeg tau dab siab lawm. My mom said that she was so weird looking that my mom couldn't recognize her and sometimes..she would stick her tongue out so far out...that human can't do. After two week of being like that she finally passed away. The shaman told my mom that since my mom and her are very close for my mom to never mention her name (in life). Because the dag pog txoog will possessed her as well.

A month after she passed away my mom went to the garden by herself. As she was gardening..she kept on hearing these distant launghing.. she pierced up to look around the rice field but she didn't see anyone. Then she continue to work again and she would hear it again...just people chatting and laughing. She got scared when she couldn't see anyone..so she packed her stuffs and left. On her way home...someone was throwing small rocks all around her but when she turn to look, no one was there... she said that she ran so fast home...she never ran that fast in her life.

To this day, she has not mentioned her name or talk about her even though she has so much faith in God now.
Damn those pog txooj! I feel sorry for your mother's loss.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

keng

« Reply #3076 on: January 27, 2012, 10:08:08 AM »
My mom's brother's wife's mom had a long tongue too. this happened in the west coast about the late 90's or early 2000 there. My aunt's mom was old and she was somewhat sick due to her old age. One day her nyab was home with her and her nyab was sitting in the living room on one end of it. The other end of the living room was my aunt's mom. The nyab was doing embroidery and she looked up and saw that the mil's tongue was sticking out really long. The nyab didn't freak out or anything as she's seen it many times already. So the nyab told the mil to stop doing that and put her tongue back in her mouth before people see it and the nyab qould go back to doing her embroidery. When she looked back at the mil, her tongue was back inside her mouth and back to the normal lenght.

The mil had poj ntxoog with her that's why she was acting like that. Not long after the incident, the mil passed away.
She has a long tongure? It's unusual. Why would Poj Txooj possess the old woman anyway?

sexymomma

« Reply #3077 on: January 27, 2012, 11:28:09 AM »
>:D
I heard from my MIL that my FIL before he passed away... nws yog ib tus shaman...  nws hais tias ..

people who are christain and people who are still shaman are separated by a rivier.. but he said that people who are christain lawv tsis muaj nyiaj.. poor poor xwb

he also told that when nws transform ua neeg... or whatever nws pom relatives who passed away.. asking him to bring lawv back  :-X
NOW THIS RIGHT HERE IS TRUE. CHRISTIAN PEOPLE WHEN THEY PASSED THEY DO BECOME VERY POOR INTHE AFTER LIFE. WHY?...BECAUSE WHEN THEY DIED NOONE BURN MONEY FOR THEM. MY MOTHERINLAW ALSO SAY THE SAME TOO. SHE KNOWS RELATIVE WHO PASSED ON AND CAME BACK TO THEIR DREAM ASKING FOR MONEY AND FOOD. SHE SAID THEY CANNOT GO TO THERI OWN FAMILY BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT SHAMANISM SO THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROVIDE THEM MONEY. SEE SO AFTER ALL EVERYONE WILL ALWAYS TURN TO SHAMAN. O0

sexymomma

« Reply #3078 on: January 27, 2012, 11:38:16 AM »
It's true..when people are at the edge of dying they become possessed or crazy and scary :o one of my mom's relative whom i called niam tais was very sick. heard from my cousin that she is kinda crazy now. like for example my cousin would go visit her at the house and the niam tais would say koj tuaj los? she would recognize my cousin, but then after a while she would be like who are you. she said the niam tais talks to herself and just do scary stuff randomly. its sad :( the last time i saw niam tias was like back in 2003.

keng

« Reply #3079 on: January 27, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
ST - that's pretty creepy if it was much like Emily Rose. I have an aunt in MN that used to be posessed like that back in Thailand.
So what did you do about your aunt?

LadyThao

« Reply #3080 on: January 27, 2012, 06:02:47 PM »
Before my mom died, she went a little crazy too. A few years ago, my mom began seeing little kids, bugs or tall green jungle leaves all around her. She would talk to herself telling stories and just rubbing her body trying to get the "bugs" off her body.

It was the beginning of 2009, it was my mom, one of my nephews and me sitting in the living room. I was sitting next to my mom getting ready to talk about funeral arrangements should she pass on one day. Just right when we were getting into it, my  mom reaches out her hand looking like she was pulling something in. I asked her, "mom, what are you doing?" she responds in hmong, "that child. don't you see that child?" i just looked at her and whatever she was reaching for. I just calmly said, "mom, there's no child there." my mom answers, "the child is right there! you don't see?" i gently rubbed her and said that there was nothing there. My mom sat back and acted like nothing happen. From that day on, if some one bumps her accidently, coughs or make a little noise, she would yell for me.

another story. this happened a few days before my mom died. My mom wanted to drink some apple juice. She took one sip and I pulled away. All of a sudden, she say, "muaj tsuas kuv haus has....muaj tsuas kuv haus has" (give me some too.. give me some too...)i thought it was pretty weird but i just shrugged it off. I don't remember why i was at the head of my mom's hospital bed but i was there and out of no where my mom said to me, "yog koj yuav moog tes koj has bye tsuas koj nam, os... yog koj yuav moog tes koj has bye tsuas koj nam..." (if you're going to go, say Bye to your mom...) again, i didn't think much since she does have dementia so i just shrugged it off. What's funny is that i just remembered it was the day she and I had a talk about her decision to pass on. You see, we're christians and she would ask God to make the decision for her. She would pray for him to either take her or heal her. I always thought that if she made the decision to go to God, he would take her. I never said it out loud until that day. She and I talked some more and it looked like she made the decision. Six days later, she died.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: January 27, 2012, 09:49:39 PM »
After reading some of these ghost stories.. I had bad dreams last night.  :P ???
lol.. great to see you on this ghost thread..lolAwh ... No one to hold you last nite..j/k..

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: January 27, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »
Great ghost stories.. but may i remind some of you..to re-frame from using hmong writting.. cuz some of us can't read hmong.. lol
And if you ppl do, could you translate it into engrish..lol. i suck @ reading hmong..so it's hard to understand what's going on...

chingy-vang

« Reply #3083 on: January 27, 2012, 11:01:20 PM »
agree with Saki, i cant read hmong and i dont mind if you use it to make it scarier but please translate on the side as well

buster_me

« Reply #3084 on: January 28, 2012, 12:29:15 AM »
The hmong writing was spelled wrong most of the time and that makes it harder to read.

MinniieLee

« Reply #3085 on: January 28, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »
So Yea..I have a story to tell...
So a couple gave birth to a daughter and the daughter would always go to the farm by herself.
She would always talk to this man.
So at night he came to the girl's corner of her bed and they flirt..
so one day the girl  was walking and was wondering  :-\why wasn't he here cuz he always was there so she  :'(
and she died... J/k she didn't cry or died when she was done farming and it was dark she went home. She heard someone whisper her named and was curious and wonder who the f was saying her name when it was dark?? so she kept walking faster untill she had reached her home.
So the next day she heard the olds talking about someone and went to ask.
she heard them said that there was this man who died when he was going to go meet his lover but she wasn't  there so he called her name and then someone came and killed him and when he was going to past out all he said was her name......
So she got scared and went to go pray for him. so later at night she heard her name again and she got freak out and she answered him like Um hello? whos there? So the very next day she got sick and she was  :-[ so her parents did the shaman thing and found out she wasn't supposed to answer him so her parents were crying while her daughter came up and said his name three times and ran outside and the parents ran to catch up and saw she lay there next to her lover's grave......... .............. .............. .............. .............. ...........

MinniieLee

« Reply #3086 on: January 29, 2012, 02:54:16 PM »
For anyone information  MN is not that Hunted you know...
Its well a great place to stay and its not even that scary

So lived near cyrstal cemetery in 42 penn Ave N  and I would always see this guy or girl dress in white and its

YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2funny: :D :D :D :D :D :2funny: :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

bumzc

« Reply #3087 on: January 30, 2012, 08:41:19 AM »
 :idiot2:

MinniieLee

« Reply #3088 on: January 30, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »

not about scary stories but idc

windstruck

« Reply #3089 on: January 30, 2012, 04:37:13 PM »
how do u put ur picture on? im new to here even though i been reading this website for almost 2 yrs now..

Advertisements