Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283704 times)

Roc

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #765 on: May 24, 2011, 02:08:39 PM »
It probably has to do with water. Here in CA a lot of our lakes are rock basin reservoirs so the bass in them are pretty clean. We notice that the taste is different when we catch them from other lakes that are more dirt based and lined with cat-tails. Since we don't have walleyes, I can't compare, but I feel like our bass taste about the same as crappie. If you guys get red ear sunfish, those are pretty good too, and they get big.

BTW addison that's a lunker for a lunch break! wtg!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Roc

« Reply #766 on: May 24, 2011, 02:48:58 PM »
Here's a super quick fishing vid that I put together of my brother and I fishing a stream in the hills. We were fishing catfish and smallmouth, but fishing was only so-so. My brother had a cat on but it came off, and I got a smallie on a white tube. Somehow word got out about our spot and every day we came there were people fishing for catfish. You could tell as the week went on there were fewer and fewer fish in that particular pool.

These catfish were from last week, first one was the one my brother got at 22 inches, the other two were the ones I got at 21 and 20 inches.

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: May 26, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »
Blue gills and sun fish are one of the best tasting fish around! Just fillet them, coat them in some shore lunch flour and deep fry. Delicious!

As for largemouth and smallmouth bass, I only CPR them. Catch-Picture-Release.  O0

The Hmong way is to "muab xwv nrog txwj lom, zaub txhwb, kua txob" and various other herbs. The American way is to batter and deep fry. I bet if you xwv or deep fry a dirt, it would taste just as good.

That being said, I'm with Addison. It's about CPR for me. As I heard before, smallmouth and largemouth taste like swamp. Why would anybody want to eat them?

yeah, for both of you...i love eating fish...and wanted to try them for the first time because i usually catch and release...howe ver, many families around me love eating sunnies and large mouth bass--claiming they taste good...so i tried it and was disappointed.. . >:( >:( >:(

filet or not, it's nothing like tilapia...i don't get nauseated over some types of fish... :)

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

fish4keep

« Reply #768 on: May 26, 2011, 12:33:48 PM »
looks good fellas.   O0

addisonlee

« Reply #769 on: May 26, 2011, 02:18:59 PM »
Another one bites the dust on my lunch break, AGAIN!  ;D :D

21 inches - 4.5lbs  O0

Detailed report here: http://forums.hmongamericansportsmenclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=29&p=2344&sid=a91ed92d08a8cbad8b874980b91f922a#p2344

xtcxyooj

« Reply #770 on: May 26, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
Here's a super quick fishing vid that I put together of my brother and I fishing a stream in the hills. We were fishing catfish and smallmouth, but fishing was only so-so. My brother had a cat on but it came off, and I got a smallie on a white tube. Somehow word got out about our spot and every day we came there were people fishing for catfish. You could tell as the week went on there were fewer and fewer fish in that particular pool.

These catfish were from last week, first one was the one my brother got at 22 inches, the other two were the ones I got at 21 and 20 inches.

man that river look so clean!!!! i wouldn't even fish.. i'd swim :D

Offline azn-guy

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +72
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: May 27, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
small octopus

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: May 28, 2011, 08:51:03 AM »
small octopus

WTF.... nice catch. Lol

Offline dianahmuas

• Elite Poster
  • i love when you love me...
  • Respect: +111
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: May 29, 2011, 01:17:17 AM »
small octopus

now that's what i want to be catching... O0 O0 O0

"Be pain, Live prosperously, Be merried"

"Live pain, Be prosperous, Live merrily"

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: May 30, 2011, 02:50:28 AM »

Rainbow
5/24/11 San pablo dam in El Sobrante, CA

Roc

« Reply #775 on: May 30, 2011, 11:24:14 PM »
^ Almost double limits, nice! Or am I not seeing one. I had a good day like that too, the day right after the plant that is  ;D

Roc

« Reply #776 on: May 30, 2011, 11:30:04 PM »
More bounties from the sea!

Crabs, look at the monster claws on these guys. I gave away 3 other ones that were bigger to a friend who came along for him and his GF.

Jack Mackerel, a member of the Jack family, when they start hitting our piers, we know that summer is just around the corner:

I turned a few into Sashimi:

And the rest I smoked because there was no one to help me eat them really, plus it's super good:

Roc

« Reply #777 on: May 30, 2011, 11:42:14 PM »
And for the freshwater chasers, a harvest pic from our sunfish trip. We got 4 that were in the 9+ inch range plus the monster at the bottom (that's a 9 inch knife). A few 6-7 inchers and kept a few regular 4s. These are redear, bluegills and maybe pumpkinseeds, plus possible hybrids. We left em biting because I didn't want to clean anymore. No crappie since all the usual spots are now under water  :'(

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: May 30, 2011, 11:52:16 PM »
^ Almost double limits, nice! Or am I not seeing one. I had a good day like that too, the day right after the plant that is  ;D

We missed alot.  

Here are some we caught today.  @San pablo dam 5/30/11

My bro's gf caught this whopper.

My s/o and I caught these

bro n his gf caught these

Roc

« Reply #779 on: May 31, 2011, 12:36:08 AM »
Damn that thing's a football! And they are already growing they're tails back too, was the meat orange?

Advertisements