Advertisement

Author Topic: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.  (Read 283723 times)

Roc

Re: Lets Start A Post Your Fish Thread.
« Reply #960 on: September 28, 2011, 05:02:40 PM »
More pond fishing on my new kayak:

Caught on a 'chatterbone' which is a generic chatterbait and a fishbone swimbait for a trailer. It's a dynamite combo, the swimbaits are hand-poured by my friend here in town. They are great for salt-water bass, and the largemouth like em too!

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline mr_vue

• PH Newbie
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 28, 2011, 10:23:26 PM »
Wingra is an overlooked bass fishery and a great musky lake. I've seen some 50+ inch musky swim through there during the spring. Just amazing.

Any other good spots in Madison to fish? I've fishing the Tenny Park, the bay, UW point, and Wingra.

madison is a great fishery. there are lots of big smallmouth in the isthmus area by the railroad tracks (john nolen drive) in university bay. you'll find some big muskies there too along with prespawn bass. i've seen two 6+ lbs largemouth bass pulled from there early in the season. if you're up for it, park in the uw parking ramp on lake street or by helen c white library and walk down to the waterfront and fish there. grab a nice cold beer at the union once you're done  ;D

lake waubesa is a nice fishery too. try lake farm park and walk the trails to the railroad and fish off it. minnows and shad are usually present and the predatory fish comes to feed right off the bank there. that's one of my favorite spots to fish in madison. one last place to try would be governor's island. you'll be fishing lake mendoota. lots of people go there for catfish and white bass, but largemouth and smallmouth bass are plentiful there. just park and walk the trails, you'll find spots to fish. these are just some spots to check out that i can think of right now. senkos, carolina rigged lizards and tubes work well. try using flukes too. good luck, and hope that helps.

addisonlee

« Reply #962 on: September 29, 2011, 09:58:07 AM »
madison is a great fishery. there are lots of big smallmouth in the isthmus area by the railroad tracks (john nolen drive) in university bay. you'll find some big muskies there too along with prespawn bass. i've seen two 6+ lbs largemouth bass pulled from there early in the season. if you're up for it, park in the uw parking ramp on lake street or by helen c white library and walk down to the waterfront and fish there. grab a nice cold beer at the union once you're done  ;D

lake waubesa is a nice fishery too. try lake farm park and walk the trails to the railroad and fish off it. minnows and shad are usually present and the predatory fish comes to feed right off the bank there. that's one of my favorite spots to fish in madison. one last place to try would be governor's island. you'll be fishing lake mendoota. lots of people go there for catfish and white bass, but largemouth and smallmouth bass are plentiful there. just park and walk the trails, you'll find spots to fish. these are just some spots to check out that i can think of right now. senkos, carolina rigged lizards and tubes work well. try using flukes too. good luck, and hope that helps.

Great tips. I'll be sure to check these areas out next time I'm down in Madison visiting my sister and BIL. 

+1 O0

Offline AppleBrook

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +34
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 29, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Solid catches, were you guys fishing muskies or was it incidental?

Applebrook is it still combat fishing up there?

yeap!  action is still HOT!  we got our limits yesterday's morning.  see  below.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 01:18:56 PM by AppleBrook »

If you are content to let me shine
NEVER walk one step behind...

addisonlee

« Reply #964 on: September 29, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
 :D ;D O0

Fall whitebass bite...

Fall bassin...

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +105
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: October 02, 2011, 01:24:42 AM »

@ocean beach, SF  9lbs & 28 1/2 inches saltwater striper 10/1/11

« Last Edit: October 02, 2011, 01:27:11 AM by Tajo »

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: October 03, 2011, 01:16:28 PM »
Tajo, where can I find good spots in SF?

There are alot of good spots for striper season.  Pacifica pier, RV, and Ocean Beach. :D shhhh hahaha

Roc

« Reply #967 on: October 04, 2011, 10:11:14 PM »
It's a whole new set of techniques, but still really fun. I noticed the fish out here are not as active as back in the midwest (with the exception of ponds). I still want to head up to norcal to get some striper, but there's too much to put together. I'm still a bait and wait guy for stripers haha.

fish4keep

« Reply #968 on: October 05, 2011, 10:58:35 AM »

@ocean beach, SF  9lbs & 28 1/2 inches saltwater striper 10/1/11

Nice stripers from the sure.

Tajo, have you tried the IMA Big Stik.  It's almost like the pencil popper.  I'm not sure if the pencil popper has a walk the dog action like the Big Stik. I bought a Big Stik awhile back but have yet to use it. 

Suav

« Reply #969 on: October 05, 2011, 02:30:06 PM »
Damn, I always forget to bring a long my fishing pool when I visit my parents. I'm definitely missing out on the bay stripers. Once again, nice catch Tajo  O0

Offline Tajo

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: October 05, 2011, 10:52:14 PM »
Next time I visit California, I'm definitely going striper fishing and largemouth bass fishing in the deep clear lakes!

Around spring to summer that is when stripers are biting.  

It's a whole new set of techniques, but still really fun. I noticed the fish out here are not as active as back in the midwest (with the exception of ponds). I still want to head up to norcal to get some striper, but there's too much to put together. I'm still a bait and wait guy for stripers haha.
The s/o hate bait striper fishing.  :2funny:

Nice stripers from the sure.

Tajo, have you tried the IMA Big Stik.  It's almost like the pencil popper.  I'm not sure if the pencil popper has a walk the dog action like the Big Stik. I bought a Big Stik awhile back but have yet to use it.  

I think my s/o tried it before.   This is the kind of popper lure my s/o using.   Every lures he orders online or buy at the stores..he removes the three hooks and put a single hook on.  

Damn, I always forget to bring a long my fishing pool when I visit my parents. I'm definitely missing out on the bay stripers. Once again, nice catch Tajo  O0

thanks suav.. my s/o caught that one.   :2funny: 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 11:02:01 PM by Tajo »

Offline yajster358

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +2
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: October 09, 2011, 01:26:59 AM »
went fishing for panfish n catfish today...caught a couple gills n cats n this little guy at a slough...can any1 tell me wat type of fish this?

Roc

« Reply #972 on: October 09, 2011, 01:52:43 AM »
Bigscale logperch, non-native to california. I only know this because it was posted on another forum I frequent, supposed to be very hardy. Looks like you could imitate it really easy with a jerkbait.

kyang81

« Reply #973 on: October 09, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »

realism

« Reply #974 on: October 10, 2011, 12:03:45 AM »

@ Applebrook
What kind of lure/bait did ya use?

Advertisements