Advertisement

Author Topic: NBA TALK  (Read 126248 times)

The Realest

Re: NBA TALK
« Reply #600 on: April 05, 2013, 05:22:12 AM »
Hey, with around 7 games left, what are your thoughts on Lin's performance?  I still don't think his strengths are utilized on this team.  Or maybe his strengths are too similar to Harden, and since he's the focal point of the offense, Lin kind of gets marginalized?! 

What are your thoughts on Lin's back up, Patrick Beverly and why the hell has he finished some games over Lin? 

Personally and honestly, overall this season I think Lin has done fairly well, for anyone thinking he'd averaged what he did during last year's Linsanity run would absolutely be ridiculous so we can get that outta the way right now.  In my opinion and I think everyone should also take that into consideration, this was Lin's rookie season, we all know he rarely played in 10-11 and last year he was only given a chance in February because the Knicks' backcourt was so atrocious, and he did get injured before the 12 playoffs even started.  To also think Lin was gonna keep playing at 100 mph as he did last year would also be asinine, I think the injury made him think that over, I also recall when Jason Kidd was contemplating becoming his mentor (before NY eventually decline to match Houston's offer) stating he would advise Lin to slow his game down and not play so "outta control", well Lin musta heard him because he did slow down this year.
On his partnership with Harden I have to agree with your assessment, I also think their skills are somewhat similar, the only major difference is Harden is MUCH better than Lin and I'm not sure how Lin would have fared had he been the main option as originally intended by the Rockets.  Both are good scorer, only Harden is much better, his drive and score is better, and also his drive and kick, his shooting is also much better than Lin but Lin will improve.  I think him playing off Harden have somewhat been of an advantage as the defense has mainly been focused on Harden, some would argue that his 38pts performance against the Spurs earlier in the season might refute that arguement but overall now as the season has played out I'm not quite sold on Lin's sole ability to be "the man".  Not saying he eventually can't become the man but right now I like his role on the team and I think if he and Harden can remain together and learn off one another, they can eventually become the best backcourt in the league.
On the Patrick Beverly thought, to me he's finished some games over Lin because of his defense, and honestly he's just like Lin in a way that he's still a young raw PG learning the game and he's just given his opportunity, Lin should just take that as a challenge and nothing else.  I haven't caught much of Beverly's play, but from what I saw he's a better ball on ball defender than Lin although Lin's defense this year has improved.  Offensively he seems to have the same struggle than Lin, his shooting is relatively poor and he seems outta control sometimes, common denominator in a young player.  Keep in mind that Kevin McHale is a former Celtics and was one of the best defender in his era so it's obvious he'll praise and preach defense.
I like Lin as a person and player and along with many fans think he can only go up, but we have to remain realist and patient.  I always said from day one that I don't think he'll ever be a elite PG but he can eventually be a top 10 15 as he matures and improves his game.  He'll never be a Chris Paul, Rajon Rondo, Derrick Rose, Russell Westbrook, or Tony Parker but I can easily see him become a Jameer Nelson, Mike Conley or maybe even Stephen Curry at best, but I highly doubt he'll surpasse that level.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 05:32:37 AM by The Realest »

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

proudlao

« Reply #601 on: April 18, 2013, 11:34:47 AM »
Yeah Lakers! But my gloating will be short lived. Damn Kobe....why now? GRR.

What ever happen to the Raptors? I believe NFL would have been a better choice for Canada.  :)

proudlao

« Reply #602 on: June 24, 2014, 10:30:19 AM »
Both Melo and James have opt out of their contracts, where will they land?

proudlao

« Reply #603 on: June 27, 2014, 05:51:13 AM »
Miami Heat drafted Lebron's favorite player last night, will that keep him in Miami?

proudlao

« Reply #604 on: July 13, 2014, 08:24:16 AM »
Jeremy Lin to the Lakers. I like this moved. He will compliment Kobe well. O0

Pau Gasol to the Bulls. This is a big loss.

Carmelo chooses money over title chase and remain with the Knicks.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 08:52:52 AM by proudlao »

proudlao

« Reply #605 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:08 AM »
With Randle out for the season, the Lakers will have a long season. Not sure if Kobe is himself and Lin looks as if he was struggling, but again I only watched one quarter.

The Hornets overcome a 14 deficit to win in OT by 1 point. Walker is a great player.

Must see game tonight New York at Cleveland

proudlao

« Reply #606 on: November 21, 2014, 11:22:53 AM »
Kobe chasing MJ. He will pass Jordan with all time points and hopefully he will get another ring too.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
Karl Malone 36,928
Michael Jordan 32,292 points.
Kobe Bryant 31,929

Like this post: +1

proudlao

« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2014, 09:08:41 AM »
Congrats to Kobe, now just one more ring.

CentralValley

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »
Congrats to Kobe, now just one more ring.

You think it'll be possible within the next year or two? His time is running out in this league and there's no sign of any hope for the Lakers to be contenders any time soon.

proudlao

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2014, 12:28:53 PM »
Sadly, as much as I want him to have six I don't see it happening with the Lakers anytime soon.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +1322
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2014, 05:13:24 PM »
Kobe chasing MJ. He will pass Jordan with all time points and hopefully he will get another ring too.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar 38,387
Karl Malone 36,928
Michael Jordan 32,292 points.
Kobe Bryant 31,929

Strictly hardware, these guys still haven't top Russell's 11 Gold hardwares. And dude did this in only 13 years of playing.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: December 15, 2014, 05:14:21 PM »
Kings' dropping Malone was a bit of a shock to me. Wonder how the team would react now ....

CentralValley

« Reply #612 on: December 15, 2014, 08:18:47 PM »
Kings' dropping Malone was a bit of a shock to me. Wonder how the team would react now ....

Totally unexpected move! And the ownerships excuse was that Malone wasn't meeting W/L expectations. But your star DMC has been sick for the past 1-2 weeks. If you ask me, they've been exceeding expectations this year.

proudlao

« Reply #613 on: December 16, 2014, 10:30:41 AM »
Strictly hardware, these guys still haven't top Russell's 11 Gold hardwares. And dude did this in only 13 years of playing.

I believe the competitions were not as stiff compare to the Jordan era. And it also depends on which generation you ask or talk to about who's the greatest.

Offline theking

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: December 16, 2014, 03:19:27 PM »
I believe the competitions were not as stiff compare to the Jordan era. And it also depends on which generation you ask or talk to about who's the greatest.

What the hell, PL uses a *depends* ... ;D TroubLe, where you at girl, come check this out  ;D ;D ;D

Hard to say. Same can be said about Jordan's era compared to today's era too...just *depends* on who you ask. That's why there's no unanimous decision on who is the greatest of all time. Russell also collected 5 MVP awards along the way so in terms of strictly hardwares and make that the most prized one (championship), he would rule.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 04:36:16 PM by theking »

Advertisements