Advertisement

Author Topic: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)  (Read 226982 times)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
  • Respect: +47
    • View Profile
Re: Going to Laos... For Dummies (Like Me)
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2012, 12:08:16 PM »
Thanks heaps for the info!! O0

And yes you are absolutely correct in making no sense why such restriction would be imposed....

Must be exciting for you as your days near the departure date back to Laos...!!!  Can't wait for ours...57 more days for us!!!

Cyber... Not to impose, but what part of Laos will you be visiting? Do you have family there still and how long will you be staying?

BTW- I am very excited, but also very nervous. I am still getting my stuff ready, buying gifts for everyone and trying my very best to save money.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2012, 12:17:15 PM »
***NEWS UPDATE***

Just got confirmation from my cousin yesteday... He lives in Phonsavan, Xieng Khouang. New Years for Xieng Khouang, city of Phonsavan will take place on Dec. 13, 2012. The change in date was do to the fact that the rain in Laos was late in coming this year and thus the rice harvest will also be late. The people around Xieng Khouang will not be finish with harvesting rice until late November and thus New Years will be pushed back to December 13, 2012.

I am still trying to get the latest update on KM52, LAV10 (RED Dirt) and Vientiane area. At this point, there is a good indication that their New Year will be pushed back as well to January. However, this is unconfirmed. If anyone else has a confirmation, please help post it here.

PS - If anyone reading this is going to Laos during the early part of December... please PM me. Perhaps we can hook up for a meal in Laos!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 12:19:53 PM by LonelyHmgGuy »

No regret

« Reply #92 on: October 27, 2012, 01:12:33 AM »
I agree... Tourism is a great source of income to Laos and the local population... Especially in this economy. Laos has and is trying to come into the global community again as evident with their recent ties to US. I for one am glad and thankful. Less fighting in the world is always a good thing.

right, u.s hmong goes there and literally dumps money there in the thousands per person.  each person will dump around 4 to 5k in a month, that's the minimal too. ;D
just a rough estimate...200 people, x 5000=1,000,000.00 :)
A million u.s dollars is a lot in Laos

No regret

« Reply #93 on: October 27, 2012, 01:38:54 AM »
it will be a fun trip. :)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 10:31:06 AM by No regret »

No regret

« Reply #94 on: October 27, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
///

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:38:04 PM by No regret »

cyber_loner

« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2012, 07:03:49 AM »
here's some pics i took to boost u up for your trip. :)

These pictures are very nice!!

Out of curiosity - the bungalows (2nd picture) where about is that? definitely somewhere I would love to wake up to in the morning!!!

cyber_loner

« Reply #96 on: October 28, 2012, 07:07:09 AM »
Cyber... Not to impose, but what part of Laos will you be visiting? Do you have family there still and how long will you be staying?

BTW- I am very excited, but also very nervous. I am still getting my stuff ready, buying gifts for everyone and trying my very best to save money.

At this stage - we will just be around Vientiane and doing day trips back and forth.  We are only staying for a few days in Laos too, it wasn't really part of the trip but because considering we were close by (in neighbouring countries) we decided to do a quick visit there.

Hopefully when we arrive in Laos, we will get to see some New Years (late December)

No regret

« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2012, 10:18:47 PM »
That place is in Vang Vieng....it's really nice and bueatiful there.

MenyuamHmoob

« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:34 AM »
Damm...New Years change screwed up all of my freggin plans.  Stupid Hmong people, just change dates whenever they feel like it.   >:( >:( :(

Visionary

« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2012, 02:52:36 PM »
not interested, this is an mtt thing

:2funny:

What a RUAM thing to say. Shows how ignorant and mtt you are. 

If going to Laos is a mtt thing, why's them Americans, Europeans,  folks from all walks of the earth flocking there ?  ::)

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
That place is in Vang Vieng....it's really nice and bueatiful there.

WOW... HOLY $HIT... these are awesome pictures. Makes me wish I was there now... These are some beautiful places and you did a great job. I always imagine Laos as jungle filled with coconut trees, dirt floor houses and opium fields.

Thanks for sharing... I am very excited.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2012, 10:44:06 PM »
Damm...New Years change screwed up all of my freggin plans.  Stupid Hmong people, just change dates whenever they feel like it.   >:( >:( :(

Yea, I am sorry buddy... but keep in mind that the Hmong in Laos are still at the mercy of mother nature which can include wind, rain and sun. Take it in stride as I am sure it was nothing mean spirited or intentional... You should still go and have a great time. I plan on it myself.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
What a RUAM thing to say. Shows how ignorant and mtt you are. 

If going to Laos is a mtt thing, why's them Americans, Europeans,  folks from all walks of the earth flocking there ?  ::)

:2funny: Agreed! Well put.

Offline LonelyHmgGuy

• PH Regular
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2012, 10:49:49 PM »
At this stage - we will just be around Vientiane and doing day trips back and forth.  We are only staying for a few days in Laos too, it wasn't really part of the trip but because considering we were close by (in neighbouring countries) we decided to do a quick visit there.

Hopefully when we arrive in Laos, we will get to see some New Years (late December)

Cool... Hope you have fun!

No regret

« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2012, 02:24:00 PM »

« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 05:36:23 PM by No regret »

Advertisements