Advertisement

Author Topic: Does Hmong Shamanism have any foundation of itself?  (Read 52140 times)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
  • Respect: +398
    • View Profile
Re: Does Hmong Shamanism have any foundation of itself?
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2014, 05:05:08 PM »
So you are claiming as a false prophet. Again, you have no proof that Shamanism isn't true. In fact, I see a double standard in u.

People who are blind by their own volition simply just can't see.  Did God called you?

Like this post: 0
The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Adverstisement

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2014, 12:40:11 PM »
I'm a disciple, not a prophet, nor an apostle. Isn't it common sense that disciples haven't seen the Father or His Kingdom? Again, you don't understand the difference between apostles, prophets, and disciples since you're coming from an apostleship. Therefore, it is irrelevant.

You make disciples look bad.

The real villain is looking at you.  The last hero was just not true.  If everything works out in the end.  It's because all things make amends.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2014, 10:43:42 PM »
So common sense would be I know as much as you do...then you don't need to question me...common sense doesn't need to be complicated.

Every Christain's Faith is based on their individual testimony...If you actually went to bible study...that is the most basic of relationship of faith.  Questioning that faith is the same as denying the holy spirit to enter you.  I'm just saying....(thread jack)

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 03:33:02 PM »
Some of the best scientific reasoning are from some of the best theological reasoning.  Not that I care to go back and research any of that now...but it was quite some mind opening - eye opening things I've come across in the past...Most surprising is these scientific findings are done by those who are Christain Faith.  Yet I did not once see any evidence of faith tainting any scientific hypothesis or theories.  It is such that I can say having faith in science is as much of a foundations as having faith in any religion.  It's really the relationship of that particular individual.  Not that of the limited information control leaked to the common mass.  As since knowledge is power and  the power to control that knowledge well...control s people's thinking.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 04:52:47 PM »
Our current image of the adopted Jesus of Christian Faith today is as much smeared as any religious idol in the make.  Even the virgin Mary is so called only due to the limit of knowledge to so call her a virgin.

I conjecture that a dark skin tone servant...in a house of with skin tone residence, simply does not have a child, period.  Jesus is one of the recorded product of an interracial birth...for the first time to be acknowledged that racism is wrong.  If anyone should be given true recognition of the power or love from God....it is Joseph who took Mary as his wife...even though she was pregnant with another's child (for which is named only from God).

How many other people have claimed to have been given child from (devils, demons, or other gods), per say...as another toss up to the assessment.

Also (any) religion was the anti-government for the Roman Empire at the time...

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 05:07:36 PM »
Your coming from a Catholic view. I disagree what the Catholic say since I am an arminianism. I am no reform Christian since that would be Calvinism. Your speaking of Theocracy, which Dr. Michael Browning has spoken about how scary Theocracy IS! The reason why there's protestants and Catholics is because of THAT! The Roman Empire see God has power; however, to the protestants, they see it as hope and peace, fill with Love and no wars. My friend, go read Theocracy and watch Dr. Michael Browning's debate about him talking about Catholicism. I disagree with Catholics since they are not one with us in the spirit. They have made idols of their pagan background to which I think they have broken one of the commandments.

u misunderstand me...that' all.  That's your view of me...not my view.  You are yet trying to pin a lable of understanding that which only you can so called scientifically understand...y et you do not understand the faith of science.  Which contradicts scientific understanding. ..yet created science.  Yet from theocracy...cr eated science without the religious taint.  Open your mind... how many years have I told you this...yet you keep going back to the same thing.

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2014, 05:47:59 PM »
TAL

You have a way of making/taking things personally.  Not once have I attacked you personally.  When I relate to the foundation of Shamanism as in a relationship with religions. 

And I'm not a Catholic...so I personally would not know what a Catholic point of view is.  Only from what they impose upon me or from my direct dealings with Catholics.

Understand that not one Shaman can make such a claim to be a shaman scholar.  But their are scholar's who have studied shamanism not as in being a shaman but as in recording it from a scientific aspect for pure script of knowledge or record keeping.

Ah yes I do find it interesting, but it bores me now.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +87
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 07:09:13 PM »

It's not about faith. It's about Reasons + Answers = Faith in God. It's not all about blind faith by just believing it when you don't question it. I don't like those Christians who are lazy and doesn't want to learn about God and take it as the way it is. Soon or later, something will hit them hard in life until they become an atheist. I have seen this YO! That's why I reason FIRST before believing it. It's what I called, "Being a scientist."

It is true that there is blind faith in this world, but there is also blind reasoning too. Many religious ideas are based on that.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 12:25:08 AM »
No, I don't do bible study as much. I do my own research on debates.

And this is your first mistake. Debates is not a place to go do research on. Two sides are each arguing their one-sided point of view. When one makes a comment, the other will publicly disagree and argue back even though that person may really agrees with the idea. They do that in fear of weakening their main argument.

You should try to stay away from debates and start getting into more discussions. You can spend hours or days debating with someone and not learn anything at the end. Whereas in a discussion, you can learn something in minutes. The difference is that going into a debate, one has already made up their mind and their main goal is to defend it with what they know. Someone goes into a discussion with an idea or questions with the purpose of wanting to learn more about the subject.

It is the same thing about this thread. In your first post you put it out first like you wanted to see if there is any foundation to shamanism, but before anyone replied, you already started defending christianity. So are you afraid of somebody trying to challenge your belief or is it the fear you have of yourself losing faith?

Offline VillainousHero

• Elite Poster
  • Villain or Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04:36 AM »
Some people seek truths with open mindedness.... most believe they are open minded, but when they fail to understand they default into the defensive or offensive modes of their limited understanding based on their knowledge often crossed reference with other's narrow scoped definitions that suits their own views.

To be blunt...simply just wrong.

Shamanism has a foundation much more deeply rooted than any shaman can understand.  The biggest shaman is Jesus... :-X  connect that relationship.. .I'll just be quiet from here on now.

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2014, 12:05:29 AM »

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2014, 06:11:52 PM »
Me debating with you is the same thing me debating with an atheist on show. What's the difference?

Let me rephrase it. Explain how a debate and a discussion are the same thing.

Offline saki saki

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +61
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2014, 06:15:41 PM »
you guys are lame as fawk....All you ppl need to no is that I got egg, I got chicken waitting, waitting for you, Please come back. heheheheheee

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2014, 09:11:52 PM »
Am I debating against you? YES! I am.

You still didn't answer the question. How are they the same?

Offline dogmai

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2014, 06:36:52 PM »
I just did. I guess you missed it.

If you don't know the answer then just say so, instead of trying to avoid it. I'll ask again. How are debates and discussions the same?

Advertisements