Advertisement

Author Topic: What I Meant to Say  (Read 2310 times)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
  • Respect: +91
    • View Profile
What I Meant to Say
« on: February 08, 2016, 09:53:43 AM »
Middle Age sets in quick. I thought I had a few good years left in me when I hit 30 a few years ago, but now some joints flare up with the cold weather.

Certainties in My Life; Taxes, Death and an 8:15 AM bathroom break. It's like clockwork all of a sudden.

Watched an interesting documentary over the weekend. Thought provoking. The questions posed dealt with our perception of the Universe. With our limited senses, is "our Universe" a true reflection of the created Universe? Are we only experiencing a fraction of what the Universe intended? How would we fill in the blanks that lay beyond our periphery? 

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
Re: What I Meant to Say
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2016, 09:19:19 AM »
The political rhetoric is killing. Everyone spouts the same mantras and tired old scripts. It's so toxic had I expressed any of my own personal belief I'd be ripped apart. And the way these people espouse party bias, it's like they've forgotten (or are forbidden) to have their own thoughts. I'm glad it's only every 4 years.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 07:58:09 AM »
I see. I like. I buy. Bleh. Wash and repeat.

Big thoughts and small minds. It gets frustrating. I feel like it's all going to waste.

In need of a sci fi flick that doesn't involve Matt Damon. Star Wars: TFA barely whet my appetite.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 03:59:45 PM »
Same day deadlines. Why do they always come in on Fridays?!?

I need a drink and some greasy food. The only cure-all this World needs.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 10:27:59 AM »
I've about had it with the weather here. One day it's a record high 60 and clear, two days later it's 15 with snowfall.

I need s second source of income to support my hobbies.

Will try to reread some old books. The sudden interest in video games has fried my brains.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
The weather took a giant upturn. Temperatures went from the low 40's well in the 70's. I was not prepared. Had the space heater on one night and the fan on the night after.

Passive aggressive coworkers are mood killers. Forget going the extra mile. These people can't stretch themselves an extra inch.

Had a disturbing dream about swingers. Not sure how I feel about that. A coworker and I had a recent conversation about how creepy her neighbors were and how they've propositioned her, subtly, about her feelings on the subject. Middle class suburbia for you, right? White picket fences, Ford trucks, 2500 sq. ft. homes and sex parties. Yeah!

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2016, 09:14:23 AM »
Feeling too indignant and self-righteous. Friggin' PH forum.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2016, 03:20:42 PM »
The vacation you plan for and want, is never the one you do eventually go on. In the end, nothing beats the feeling of being in the comfort of your own bed.

How much money is too much money before I run out of ways to spend it enjoyably?

DreamWalker

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2016, 03:27:44 PM »
The vacation you plan for and want, is never the one you do eventually go on. In the end, nothing beats the feeling of being in the comfort of your own bed.

How much money is too much money before I run out of ways to spend it enjoyably?

So many times I run into this problem as well. I planned a vacation for months or maybe for a few weeks but at the last minute.. I ended up somewhere instead. The best vacation is in your own bed.  ;)

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2016, 03:57:57 PM »
Amen to that.

I have this persistent urge, nay, need, to travel---but it just isn't financially viable.

DreamWalker

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:26 PM »
Put aside a bit for your bucket list. It can happen with persistent and commitment. It doesn't have to be an expensive vacation. It could just be a weekend getaway to a short distance. As long as you enjoy yourself and have fun.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
RIP
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 03:55:28 PM »
Time has helped me move forward and on. But I still Love and miss You.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2016, 03:37:54 PM »
"Should Old Acquaintance be forgot,
and never thought upon...
"

Paths crossed over the weekend with a friend of friend from 10 years ago.

Serendipity.

DreamWalker

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »
Well, it depends on how the relationship/friendship was left or ended. Sometimes it's good to keep in touch with old friends or say "hi" if path crossed in the present. If you are referring to exes. I generally do not say "hi" to them only because its' weird.

Offline lexicon

• Jr. Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
My mind thinks me a scholar but my mouth proves me the fool  :2funny:

I've been experiencing a few too many oh-sh*t-my-mind's-slippin' kind of moments lately.

I wore my underpants backwards, twice, in one week. And yes, they have the flap in the front.

I lost my wallet on multiple occasions. A few times it was in my front pocket, a couple of times it was in the car and once I even panicked at the thought of having lost my wallet, while holding it in my hand.

I've reset multiple passwords for online accounts 2-3 times within the last few weeks.

I have a weeks worth of lunch stashed at work, and I still continue to pack lunch everyday because I think I don't have lunch at work.

Advertisements