A uncle called me and asked me for a big favor: Go feed his chickens as he was dealing with some very personal issues. I was like okay, not a problem- I'm running errands and I will be in the area anyway. Not really, but anything in town is in the area when it comes to people that matters. haha
I got to his plot of land, opened the gate, pulled in. I got out of the car and noticed how eerily quiet it was. No crowing, no cacklings and no cucklings. No baby chicks chirping. I walked inside the coop, thinking negatively and thinking to myself "no way, did someone stole all his chickens"...I look more closely and I see hens cuddling their chicks tightly, hidden under boards and roosts. I see roosters lying flat, head down. I thought, I've seen chickens run or hide for cover before when a predator is in the air, or inside the coop. But never anything so intense like this. One of his roosters finally got up, jump on the roost, flaps his wings loudly and then crow. Then his coop, came back to life again, all the chickens felt safe..But by then it was already almost dark and I rushed to fill up the feeders and waterers..
As I was ready to leave, I stood next to the water hose. But something stranged happened. It started to moved on its own, a little...I got cold, felt a chill, somewhat numb. I'm not touching it, I'm not stepping on it, I can see fine. I grabbed hold of the host, yank it up and down, left and right. I took out my pistol and fired two shots to the ground. Next thing I know, I just heard a lot of rustling through the bushes and piles of leaves. Branches breaking along the way. (okay just kidding there)
But I grabbed the hose, and said "You don't scare me, I am chosen and protected"...hahaha
I'll tell the uncle when its appropriate, but for now, I just hope he don't asked me again for the favor, or maybe the ones he asked before me already freaked out and said no, that's why he asked me this time...LOL
I called him and said,his chickens should be good until Sunday...LOL