A co-worker who lives on the other block of me was driving by and stopped as she saw me getting out of the car. She joked right away, I'm not stalking you. haha There was a house up for sale a few houses away, and she wanted to check it out. I say oh yeah, I know the homeowners, elderly couple whose been in that house for 60 years. They are one if not the only original residents left when the neighborhood was first developed. Quite frankly, they also have the nicest house in the neighborhood..
.IMO, and as a kid, I always remembered it being well kept, and the couple was usually always outside on weekends taking care of their house.
The co-worker asked me if she can parked on the curb and take a walk down to the house for sale. We both walked about 1/4 block. Got to the house, and its door was wide open. I didn't think much as I recognize their mini van in the driveway. We both looked towards the door and then the homeowner's son came to the door. We both asked him if everything is okay, but he said nothing but shut the door quickly.
I whisper to the co-worker, can we blame him? haha It was almost dark, he didn't recognize us, and probably was packing up some valuables...
My co-worker thought it was rude, but she expressed high interest in the house. I can't blame her, it's a older home, but its different from all the other homes in the neighborhood, it's well kept and maintain, and It has a huge front yard to it.
Then My co-worker asked me, what I think? I say, if your heart is set on it, you can afford the mortgage, go for it. She said, if she gets the house, she's paying it in full...I was like?


?? Then I joke, you shouldn't have told me, now I know who to robbed.....LOL I said just kidding. She counter with a "you wouldn't even keep a 100 dollar bill if you see it on the floor"...haha she was referring to a work related story where I turned in a HUndo bill to our Loss prevention team..LOL
But I did asked her how did she end with such money at such a young age...She told me, she saved every penny she could,and invested wisely since she was 16....I was like whoa...wish I did the same..haha
I told her, I'm going to hit the lottery or I"m living in my car if the economy gets worse...hahaha I joked, I'm actually researching and learning about off grid, how to survive in the wilderness, etc...LOL
She joked "you sure it's not how to robbed someone"....I was hoping she said " I might be willing to rent out a room or two if I get that house"....hahaha j/k