Advertisement

Author Topic: Manufacturing jobs, will they come back?  (Read 18179 times)

Evil_K_Man

Re: Manufacturing jobs, will they come back?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2016, 11:01:01 AM »
It's not just manufacturing jobs that went overseas.

Ever heard of the HB1 Visa?

Lol, you realize that those jobs are not being shipped over seas, those jobs are being filled with non-Americans with specialized education and skills.

We issue HB1 Visas to Japanese nationals because we require their knowledge in JSOX and other Japanese finance/accounting practices and certifications, do you know anybody in the US that has that skill set?  I'm sure other countries do the same thing and hire Americans who have skills their local people don't possess.

Plus its capped at 65k.

Like this post: 0

Adverstisement

Offline YAX

• Global Moderator
  • Respect: +419
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2016, 09:55:06 AM »
exactly. Repubs want manufacturing jobs because half of the population is too stupid for any job that requires any skill at all.  I say stop going backwards and focus on progress.  but, oh, you'd have to be a progressive to do that. Repubs are Conservatives so they don't wanna make any progressive.  They wanna be great again like the simple days of old.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
  • Respect: +458
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 11:31:00 PM »
Lol, you realize that those jobs are not being shipped over seas, those jobs are being filled with non-Americans with specialized education and skills.

We issue HB1 Visas to Japanese nationals because we require their knowledge in JSOX and other Japanese finance/accounting practices and certifications, do you know anybody in the US that has that skill set?  I'm sure other countries do the same thing and hire Americans who have skills their local people don't possess.

Plus its capped at 65k.

No shit, Sherlock.

Wow, is that what a USA college degree gets you?

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

I'm saying that jobs don't have to be shipped overseas anymore when corporations can bring in people to replace Americans. Do you really think that Indian dude is much brighter than our college grads or experienced professionals?

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 11:30:04 AM »
No shit, Sherlock.

Wow, is that what a USA college degree gets you?

I'm saying that jobs don't have to be shipped overseas anymore when corporations can bring in people to replace Americans. Do you really think that Indian dude is much brighter than our college grads or experienced professionals?

:idiot2: :idiot2: :idiot2:

Lol, clearly your high school did not do you any justice, or at the very least your economics teacher.  If you are too stupid to see it, I can't help you.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 11:31:19 AM »
exactly. Repubs want manufacturing jobs because half of the population is too stupid for any job that requires any skill at all.

That is why BnM can empathize so well with them.   ;)

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 07:48:42 PM »
No, you two just don't want manufacturing jobs in America because it means that your parents will actually have to work instead of living on the taxpayer's dime.  :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Because like you both said, manufacturing does not require having a skill set - and I will add "or speak English".

Yet, your parents were too stupid and lazy to work assembly.

Pathetic.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 07:57:51 PM »
But let's get back to business since y'all too stupid and think like fairies.

No, there is never an incentive good enough to bring back jobs to America - not as long as there are other countries with lower standards of living that will make it more affordable to set up companies there.

The only thing that will get CEOs to bring back manufacturing is to destabilize the government in developing countries. Nobody wants their manufacturing plant in a country where turmoil runs 24/7.

zena

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 12:18:33 AM »
But let's get back to business since y'all too stupid and think like fairies.

No, there is never an incentive good enough to bring back jobs to America - not as long as there are other countries with lower standards of living that will make it more affordable to set up companies there.

The only thing that will get CEOs to bring back manufacturing is to destabilize the government in developing countries. Nobody wants their manufacturing plant in a country where turmoil runs 24/7.

How do fairies think like? j/w.

Offline Believe_N_Me

• Elite Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 02:24:16 AM »
How do fairies think like? j/w.

They get distracted easily so they don't have to actually discuss the real issue (of which they brought up  ::)).

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2016, 10:54:14 AM »
You realize a lot of these mfg jobs are gone because of technology and automation right...even the ones in China.

I guess you can't fix stupid after all.  Lol.

Dom

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2016, 11:50:07 AM »
Better learn a new skill. Can't sit around here and complain.  :2funny: Don't blame the business owner.

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2016, 12:25:08 PM »
Just so others don't get stupid ideas like "destabilizing other countries because of outsourcing"... :)

Here is excerpt from the Boston Consulting Group.

Boston Consulting Group reports that it costs barely $8 an hour to use a robot for spot welding in the auto industry, compared to $25 for a worker—and the gap is only going to widen. More generally, the “job intensity” of America’s manufacturing industries—and especially its best-paying advanced ones—is only going to decline. In 1980 it took 25 jobs to generate $1 million in manufacturing output in the U.S. Today it takes five jobs.

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2016, 01:04:53 PM »
Just so others don't get stupid ideas like "destabilizing other countries because of outsourcing"... :)

Here is excerpt from the Boston Consulting Group.

Boston Consulting Group reports that it costs barely $8 an hour to use a robot for spot welding in the auto industry, compared to $25 for a worker—and the gap is only going to widen. More generally, the “job intensity” of America’s manufacturing industries—and especially its best-paying advanced ones—is only going to decline. In 1980 it took 25 jobs to generate $1 million in manufacturing output in the U.S. Today it takes five jobs.

And yet, consumers still likes to buy their goods that is listed as hand made or made by human hands. 

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Offline DuMa

• Elite Poster
  • -(>^_^<)- 052806
  • Respect: +742
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2016, 01:08:18 PM »
You realize a lot of these mfg jobs are gone because of technology and automation right...even the ones in China.

I guess you can't fix stupid after all.  Lol.67th

You realize that the same people who lost their jobs to automations are moved to a different job title like automation tech right?

X_____________ ______________ ______________ ___

Evil_K_Man

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2016, 02:40:38 PM »
And yet, consumers still likes to buy their goods that is listed as hand made or made by human hands.

Source? Or just an opinion?

Advertisements